Domenico Vacca (Italian fashion designer)
Domenico Vacca is an Italian Fashion designer. He is best known for his own fashion label, Domenico Vacca which was launched in 2002 and for dressing Hollywood stars such as Glenn Close, Jeremy Piven, Denzel Washington.
|Known for||Ferrari of clothing|
Early life and educationEdit
Vacca was born in Andria, Italy and raised in a fashion family, his father was the Italian immigrant Michele Vacca, a fashion company owner. Vacca obtained his academic degree from Bari University, School of Law, and got admitted to the BAR. He also studied in Georgetown University in Washington and graduated from New York University with a Master of Laws, LLM. He moved to Milan where he worked at the American law firm Baker McKenzie.
The Domenico Vacca LabelEdit
In 2002, Vacca launched his own label in New York, The Domenico Vacca Label also known as "Ferrari of clothing". Vacca opened another five stores between the period from 2002 to 2006 in several countries. His clothing label is also used for many Hollywood movies including Transformers 3, The Son of No One, Just Wright, The Inside Man, Stranger Than Fiction, August Rush, American Gangster, The Kite Runner and TV series such as HBO's Entourage, Lipstick Jungle, FX's drama Damages and HBO's In Treatment.
- "Le reliquie di Padre Pio folgorano lo stilista Vacca". La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno.
- Caramanica, Jon (6 July 2016). "Domenico Vacca: Committing to the Life of Leisure". The New York Times.
- "A Little Shopping, a Little Espresso". The New York Times. 9 May 2016.
- "Meeting with the protagonists: Domenico Vacca". www.canaleeuropa.tv.
- "Italian designer Domenico Vacca on friendly terms with ex". Page Six. 2 January 2018.
- Certo-Ware, Renata. "Domenico Vacca Unveils Lavish New Retail Concept". Bustle.
- "Meet the Montreal tailor who makes NHL stars look sharp | Montreal Gazette". Montreal Gazette. 27 February 2019.
- "Griffe andriese nella Moda a Stelle e Strisce". Odysseo (in Italian). 29 July 2018.
- "Andriese a New York ambasciatore di eleganza". www.lagazzettadelmezzogiorno.it. La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno.
- "Domenico Vacca premiato a Barletta, eleganza made in Puglia a New York". BarlettaViva (in Italian). January 2, 2018.
- "Domenico Vacca | HuffPost". www.huffpost.com.
- "Not everyone is a fan of Domenico Vacca's nightclub plans". New York Post. 16 April 2016.
- "Spoiler Alert: Daniel Day-Lewis to Wear a Domenico Vacca Tuxedo to the Oscars". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Hollywood costume designers and directors". The National (Abu Dhabi).
- "Designer Domenico Vacca looks into fashion's future". Los Angeles Times.
- "A Few Questions For Domenico Vacca". The Sartorialist.
- Carreon, Blue. "The Men At The 2013 Oscars Red Carpet: Who Looked Best In Their Black Tie (And Beards)". Forbes.