Dombivli Fast (Marathi: डोंबिवली फास्ट) is a Marathi film directed by Nishikanth Kamat. It is the story of a middle class bank employee, Madhav Apte, an ordinary, law-abiding and honest citizen who faces constant frustration with the injustice and corruption that pervades in all walks of his life. The film portrays Apte's mental breakdown as he reaches his breaking point, and his rampage as a vigilante across Mumbai to set things right. The film stars Sandeep Kulkarni in the lead with Shilpa Tulaskar and Sandesh Jadhav.
|Directed by||Nishikanth Kamath|
|Written by||Nishikanth Kamath (screenplay)|
Sanjay Pawar (screenplay and dialogues)
|Produced by||Sameer Gaikwad|
|Edited by||Amit Pawar|
|Music by||Sanjay Mourya|
Sameer Phatarpekar (background)
Madhav Apte (Sandeep Kulkarni) lives a lower-middle-class life in Dombivli area of Mumbai together with his wife Alka (Shilpa Tulaskar), son Rahul (Dushyant Wagh) and daughter Prachi (Srushti Bhoske). He travels to his workplace, Nariman Point, each day by train; and takes the Dombivli Fast local train to return home. Cheating, corruption, and dishonesty are something which he hated the foremost. He was a person with strong morals and principle , and lived life in step with it. Wherever he would see injustice and corruption, he would fight and argue; be it along with her wife or her daughter’s educator or perhaps his boss. Alka was jaded with Madhav’s adamant behavior and in a very fit of anger, had told him that his values and morals are only worth something if he can bring a change in society. Little did Alka know that her words would make a robust impact on Madhav! Then started the fight of Madhav against everyone who broke the foundations and was on the incorrect side of the law. Soon, his actions shook the complete city and brought a substantial change too. But how long will society allow Madhav to bring this change? And till what extent will Madhav achieve bringing a change? He's pushed to a corner by everybody who finds his path of righteousness too difficult to handle, and in some unspecified time in the future, he snaps. He goes on a rampage trying to correct everything that goes against his principles, and so starts mayhem on the streets of Mumbai, ultimately ending in a very tragic climax with him getting encountered.
- 2006 Star Screen Awards - Best Actor Male (Marathi) - Sandeep Kulkarni
- 2006 Asian Festival of First Films - Best Director(Swarovski Trophy) - Nishikant Kamat
- 2006 Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles - Best Film(Jury Award)
- 2006 National Film Awards - Best Feature Film in Marathi(Silver Lotus Award)
- 2006 Pune International Film Festival - Best Marathi Film (Sant Tukaram award from the Government of Maharashtra)
- "Everything You Know about Tamil Films Is Probably Wrong | OPEN Magazine". OPEN Magazine. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- "Pune International Film Festival". piffindia.com. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Dombivali Fast at IMDb
- New York Times Review of 'Dombivli Fast'
- An interview with Sandeep Kulkarni[permanent dead link]
- on YouTube