Dolly Parton challenge
The Dolly Parton challenge is a series of four-panel image macro series in which people parody how they present themselves on the social media platforms LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Tinder. It was started by American singer Dolly Parton on 21 January 2020. The original post on Instagram went viral, gathering more than 1 million likes in four days. Within hours, other celebrities and thousands of non-famous people posted their own versions on social media including Halle Berry, Janet Jackson, Viola Davis, Celine Dion, Jennifer Garner and Ellen DeGeneres and within a couple of days large news media started publishing about the topic.
- "Original post on Instagram", Dolly Parton
- "Dolly Parton challenges by celebrities"
- "Hilarious Instagram Meme Proves Your LinkedIn Photos Aren't Fooling Anyone", HuffPost
- "Dolly Parton meme sparks online trend", CNN
- "Dolly Parton inspires hilarious social media challenge", NBC News
- "Will Smith, Reba take on Dolly Parton's LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder challenge", USA Today
- "Dolly Parton created this meme, and now celebs are in on the joke too", Los Angeles Times