Dolf Sternberger (originally Adolf Sternberger; July 28, 1907 in Wiesbaden – July 27, 1989 in Frankfurt/Main) was a German philosopher and political scientist at the University of Heidelberg. Dolf Sternberger is known for his concept of citizenship in contemporary German political thought, and for coining the term "constitutional patriotism" (Verfassungspatriotismus) on the occasion of the 30th birthday (in 1979) of the Federal Republic.
- Jan-Werner Muller, Constitutional Patriotism, Princeton University Press, 2008, p. 21.
- Bernhard Vogel: Dolf Sternberger und die Politische Wissenschaft. Heidelberg 2008.
- Dolf Sternberger in the German National Library catalogue
- "Sprachkritik", Nazism, and the German Conscience: the Career of Dolf Sternberger
- Dolf-Sternberger-Gesellschaft e.V.