Svetushkin at 2016 Chess Olympiad, Baku
|Born||25 July 1980|
|FIDE rating||2515 (August 2020)|
|Peak rating||2621 (November 2011)|
He won the Moldovan Chess Championship in 2000. He tied for first with Johan Hellsten and Marcin Szymanski in the Ikaros Chess Festival 2003. In 2007 he tied for 2nd–7th with Kiril Georgiev, Vadim Malakhatko, Mircea Parligras, Hristos Banikas and Dimitrios Mastrovasilis in the Acropolis International Tournament and tied for 3rd–9th with Pavel Smirnov, Vladimir Malakhov, Evgeny Vorobiov, Murtas Kazhgaleyev, Vladimir Dobrov and Aleksej Aleksandrov in the 3rd Moscow Open tournament. In 2008 he won the 2nd Gap Open. In 2010 he tied for 1st–3rd with Yuriy Kryvoruchko and Alexander Zubarev at Palaiochora. In 2012 Svetushkin won the 2nd International Tournament Isthmia in Vrachati on tiebreak from Eric Hansen and Shyam Sundar, and the 17th Bora Kostic Memorial, a category 14 round-robin tournament in Vršac. In 2017, he finished second in the 19th Sants Open in Barcelona and won the 3rd Ceramica Corund Open on tiebreak from Benjamin Gledura.
Svetushkin played for the Moldovan national team in the Chess Olympiad and the European Team Chess Championship. In the 2014 Olympiad he achieved a rating performance of 2809, the fourth best on board two.
- Crowther, Mark (2003-07-28). "TWIC 455: Ikaros Chess Festival". London Chess Center. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- "Ilya Smirin wins Acropolis 2007". ChessBase. 2007-08-26. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Illya Nyzhnyk wins Group B in Moscow Open". ChessBase. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "2e Open International de Gap". FIDE. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "3rd International Chess Tournament of Paleohora". FIDE. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "GM Dmitry Svetushkin wins International Chess Tournament Isthmia 2012". Chessdom. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Crowther, Mark. "17th Bora Kostic Memorial 2012". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Densing, Gerd (2017-08-31). "Rinat Jumabayev tops Barcelona". Chess News. ChessBase. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- Crowther, Mark (2 October 2017). "TWIC 1195: 3rd Ceramica Corund Open". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Dumitru Svetuşchin". OlimpBase. Retrieved 11 January 2016.