Dmitri Tarasov (footballer)
Dmitri Alekseyevich Tarasov (Russian: Дмитрий Алексеевич Тарасов; born 18 March 1987) is a Russian footballer currently playing as a central midfielder or defensive midfielder for FC Lokomotiv Moscow.
Tarasov with FC Lokomotiv Moscow in 2014
|Full name||Dmitri Alekseyevich Tarasov|
|Date of birth||18 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Moscow, Russia|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|FC Lokomotiv Moscow|
|1994–1999||Trudovye Rezervy Moscow|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 September 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10 October 2017
Tarasov began his career at FC Spartak Moscow, then joined FC Tom Tomsk. On 2 February 2009, FC Moscow signed the attacking midfielder on a free transfer. On 28 December 2009, Lokomotiv announced his signing.
During Lokomotiv period of his career, Tarasov established himself as holding midfielder. His authority as a starting XI player was confirmed during winter mid-season 2012-13 when he was named vice-captain. On 20 April 2013, Tarasov took captain's armband for the first time in away game versus FC Kuban Krasnodar (0-0). Later Tarasov won monthly polls among Loko fans in the social networks for best player of the month in April 2013 and September 2013.
Tarasov was a member of the Russian Under 21 national team. In October 2009, he was called up to the Russia national football team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan. He was called up again by Fabio Capello to the national team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Portugal and against Azerbaijan in October 2012. He made his debut for the national team on 15 November 2013 in a friendly game against Serbia. He scored his first national team goal on 19 November 2013 in a friendly against South Korea.
- As of 13 May 2018
- As of 10 October 2017
Statistics accurate as of match played 26 March 2016
- Scores and results list Russia's goal tally first.
|1.||19 November 2013||Zabeel Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates||South Korea||2–1||2–1||Friendly|
Tarasov caused controversy when he removed his shirt to reveal a vest displaying a picture of Vladimir Putin with the words "the most polite president", during an already politically charged match between Turkish opponents Fenerbahce in their 2-0 Europa League defeat on Tuesday 16 February 2016. It was anticipated that an official judging on the stunt would turn up in one month time. UEFA chose to fine him €5000.
Tarasov has a daughter whose name is Angelina from his first wife, Russian gymnast Oksana Ponomarenko,. Dmitri was then married to Russian TV personality Olga Buzova from June 2012 til December 2016.In January 2018 he married Russian model Anastasia Tarasova (née Kostenko).
- Официальный сайт ФК «Локомотив» :: Новости :: Гилерме – капитан «Локомотива»
- Дмитрий Тарасов – игрок апреля! (in Russian). FC Lokomotiv Moscow. 6 May 2013.
- Дмитрий Тарасов – игрок сентября! (in Russian). FC Lokomotiv Moscow. 7 October 2013.
- В национальной сборной - 24 игрока (in Russian). Russian Football Union. 2 October 2012.
- "Dmitri Tarasov". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Turkey shoots down Russian warplane on Syria border
- Russian footballer Dmitri Tarasov reveals Putin shirt in Turkey match
- "Ольга Бузова и Дмитрий Тарасов переезжают в деревню. Фото их нового дома за 100 миллионов - 12 октября 2015 / Новости Тюмени и Тюменской области - Наша Газета". ng72.ru. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Russian soccer star refuses to say sorry for Vladimir Putin t-shirt". Mail Online. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- Dmitri Tarasov at National-Football-Teams.com
- Player page on the official FC Tom Tomsk site (in Russian)
- Player page on the official Russian Football Premier League site (in Russian) at the Wayback Machine (archived 2008-10-01)
- Player page on the official FC Lokomotiv site (in Russian)