|Full name||Dakonam Ortega Djené|
|Date of birth||31 December 1991|
|Place of birth||Dapaong, Togo|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Dapaong, Djené moved to Benin in 2009, after graduating from Étoile Filante du Togo's youth setup, joining Tonnerre d'Abomey. In 2011, he moved to Coton Sport in Cameroonian Elite One, appearing regularly afterwards.
Djené was named in the Coton Sport's squad for the 2012 CAF Champions League campaign. On November 2013, he went on a trial at Ligue 2 side RC Lens, only returning to his parent club six months later.
On August 2014, Djené went on a trial at Spanish Segunda División side AD Alcorcón, joining the club permanently on 25 October. He made his debut on the following day, starting in a 1–3 home loss against Real Zaragoza.
On 23 March 2015, after already being a regular starter for the Madrid side, Djené renewed his link until 2018. On 9 May, he scored his first professional goal, netting the game's only in an away success at CE Sabadell FC.
On 1 July 2016, Djené was transferred to Belgian First Division A club Sint-Truidense. On 24 July of the following year, he returned to Spain, after agreeing to a four-year deal with La Liga side Getafe CF.
Djené's debut in the main category of Spanish football came on 20 August 2017, starting in a 0–0 away draw against Athletic Bilbao. He scored his first goal in the category on 17 March, netting the equalizer in a 2–1 away defeat of Real Sociedad.
Djené was named in Togo's main squad for the 2011 WAFU Nations Cup, shortly after being called up by Benin. He made his international debut on 8 September 2012, starting in a 1–1 draw against Gabon.
Djené was included in Didier Six's 23-man squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, and appeared in all of Togo's matches during the tournament, being eventually knocked out in the quarter-finals.
- Coton Sport
- Elite One: 2013
- "Acta del Partido celebrado el 12 de mayo de 2019, en Barcelona" [Minutes of the Match held on 12 May 2019, in Barcelona] (in Spanish). Royal Spanish Football Federation. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- Djene Dakonam; West African Football, 17 December 2011
- "Coton Sport squad listing" (PDF). CAF Online. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 October 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Djene Dakonam: l’international togolais à l’essai au RC Lens! (Djene Dakonam: Togolese international on trial at RC Lens!); Africa Top Sports, 28 November 2013 (in French)
- Djene Dakonam: Le Togolais de retour à Coton Sport Garoua! (Djene Dakonam: Togolese returns to Coton Sport Garoua!); Africa Top Sports, 17 February 2014 (in French)
- Togo: Djene Dakonam à l’essai à Alcorcon (Togo: Djene Dakonam trialling at Alcorcón); Africa Top Sports, 26 August 2014 (in French)
- El internacional togolés Djené, inscrito con la A.D. Alcorcón (Togolese international Djené, inscribed with A.D. Alcorcón); AD Alcorcón, 25 October 2014 (in Spanish)
- Borja Bastón y Jaime meten al Zaragoza en zona de promoción (Borja Bastón and Jaime put Zaragoza in the promotion zone); Marca, 26 October 2014 (in Spanish)
- Djené renueva hasta junio de 2018 (Djené renews until June 2018); AD Alcorcón, 23 March 2015 (in Spanish)
- Djene jugará en el Sint-Truidense la próxima temporada (Djené will play at Sint-Truidense the following season); AD Alcorcón, 1 July 2016 (in Spanish)
- Djene firma por 4 temporadas (Djene signs for 4 seasons); Getafe CF, 24 July 2017 (in Spanish)
- Premio a la resistencia del Geta (Prize to Geta's resistance); Diario AS, 20 August 2017 (in Spanish)
- CAN 2013 : Gabon-Togo (1-1); Foot 365, 8 September 2012 (in French)
- Togo; Ahram Online, 13 January 2013