Divinity (TV channel)
Divinity is a private Spanish television channel owned by Mediaset España Comunicación, whose programming is aimed to target women. Divinity began test broadcasts on 1 March 2011 before fully launching on 1 April 2011.
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Launched||1 April 2011|
With the expansion of the number of channels in 2010, before the merger of Telecinco and Cuatro, Telecinco was considering launching a free channel dedicated to women. The channel would have been launched on 1 September 2010 as "LaNueve" (The Nine) corresponding to its logical channel number on digital terrestrial television.
Its programming would have included: current affairs, entertainment, fiction series and informative spaces for women.
The project was finally resumed and La Nueve started broadcasting on 2 January 2013. The programmes are mainly repeats of series previously shown on the other Mediaset channels, especially Telecinco and Divinity.
On 23 February 2011, several internet portals echoed the launch of two new channels by Telecinco, one for men and the other for women, which suggested the comeback of LaNueve.
The next day on 24 February 2011, Telecinco confirmed by a press release that a new channel aimed at women was to launch.
The new channel was named as Divinity, with programming similar to that of LaNueve.
- Telecinco lanza La Nueve para competir con Nova de Antena 3. Vertele.
- Telecinco lanza Boing como su cuarto canal y desecha LaNueve. FormulaTV.
- Divinity ahora también será una tele – Noticias Actualidad – DIVINITY. Divinity.es.
- Divinity comienza finalmente sus emisiones este martes 1 de marzo. FormulaTV.
- "Divinity está llegando" pretende familiarizar la futura identidad del canal. FormulaTV.