Districts of Iraq
This article does not cite any sources. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs to be updated.(March 2017)
The districts are listed below, by governorate (with capital in parentheses):
- Administrative Districts in Baghdad City
- Administrative Districts in Baghdad Suburban
Dhi Qar GovernorateEdit
(From 1976 to mid-2006 called At-Ta'mim)
Note that northern Sinjar, northern Tel Afar, Akre and northern Shekhan districts are currently under the Kurdistan Regional Government control.
Dohuk Governorate is part of Iraqi Kurdistan.
Erbil Governorate is part of Iraqi Kurdistan, while the status of the southern Makhmur District is contested.
- Erbil District (71)
- Koisanjaq District (80)
- Shaqlawa District (89), cities are Salahaddin and Hareer
- Soran District (94), cities are Town of Soran, Rawanduz and Diana
- Makhmur District
- Mergasur District (83)
- Choman District (66)
Halabja Governorate is part of Iraqi Kurdistan.
Sulaymaniyah Governorate is part of Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Pshdar District (Qaladiza)
- Chamchamal District (Chamchamal)
- Darbandokeh District (Darbandikhan)
- Dokan District (Dokan)
- Kalar District (Kalar)
- Rania District (Rania)
- Sharbazher District (Sharbazher)
- Sulaymaniya District (Sulaymaniya)
- Saidsadiq District (Saidsadiq)
- Sharazoor District (Zarayan)
- Penjwin District (Penjwin)
- Mawat District (Mawat)
- Qaradagh District (Qaradagh)