Discovery Travel & Living
Discovery Travel & Living is a defunct channel brand from Discovery Communications. This name was used in countries of Europe, Latin America and Asia. In other parts of the world the channel is known as Travel and Living Channel. It features travel shows rather than the documentaries on Discovery Science.
|Discovery Travel & Living|
Final logos, used until 2010 and 2013 For UK
September 1, 2010 (Rest of Asia) September 1, 2010 (Australia/New Zealand) October 2010 (Poland) 20 January 2011 (Romania) July 4, 2011 (Netherlands & Flanders) November 1, 2011 (Latin America) Discovery Travel & Living Viajar y Vivir is a now defunct Spanish language US version. In November 2007, it was merged with Discovery Kids en Español to form Discovery Familia. February 20, 2012 (Latvia)Discovery Travel & Living UK & Ireland (closed on It ceased trading for ninety days of March 1, 2013, set expire April 30, 2013, was not renewed to make way for TLC)
|Owned by||Discovery Communications|
|Headquarters||Silver Spring, Maryland|
|Formerly called||Discovery Travel & Adventure|
|Sister channel(s)||Discovery Home & Health and Discovery Real Time|
|DialogTV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 12|
|Directv (Latin America)||Channel 740|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 213|
|PeoTV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 39|
Discovery Travel & Living was launched as Discovery Travel & Adventure Channel. In early 2005 it was repositioned and rebranded as Discovery Travel & Living as a part of a "lifestyle" package from Discovery Communications, also including Discovery Home & Health and Discovery Real Time.
Started in Norway in March 2010, Discovery Networks rolled out the TLC brand internationally. The rollout of TLC has mostly been based on the Discovery Travel & Living channels.
The channels went defunct, the channels were replaced by TLC.
The following versions of the channel currently exists:
These versions were either rebranded as TLC, or ceased operations:
- Discovery Travel & Living Asia (became TLC on September 1, 2010)
- Discovery Travel & Living Australia/New Zealand (became the Travel and Living Channel on September 1, 2010)
- Discovery Travel & Living (European TV channel) (rebranded into local versions of TLC and other channels of Discovery)
- Discovery Travel & Living Taiwan (became TLC on September 1, 2010)
- Discovery Travel & Living India (became TLC on September 1, 2010)
- Discovery Travel & Living Latin America (Local versions)(became TLC: Travel & Living Channel on November 1, 2011)
- Discovery Travel & Living Viajar y Vivir is a now defunct Spanish language US version. In November 2007, it was merged with Discovery Kids en Español to form Discovery Familia.