Discovery Kids is an Indian kids television channel owned by Discovery India, a division of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific. The channel launched on 7 August 2012 as the Indian equivalent to the original American network. Malayalam and Kannada audio tracks were added in mid-2019.
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Owner||Discovery Networks Asia Pacific|
|Sister channels||Animal Planet|
|Launched||7 August 2012|
|Siti Cable||Channel 444|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 326|
|Kerala Vision Digital TV||Channel 453|
|Bengal Digital (Bangladesh)||Channel 436|
|Tata Sky||Channel 672|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 461|
|Dish TV||Channel 960|
|DD Free Dish||Channel 67|
|Sun Direct||Channel 537|
|Videocon D2H||Channel 518|
|Akash DTH (Bangladesh)||Channel 455|
|Zuku TV (Kenya)||Channel 954|
Discovery Kids is the first channel in the kids' genre in India by Discovery Networks Asia Pacific launched on 7 August 2012. Earlier it was the name of an Infotainment and edutainment kids programming block on Discovery Channel India which ran from 2001 to 2005. It is the eighth channel launched by Discovery India. The initial programming lineup consisted of a mix of animation and live action series under multiple genres such as adventure, mythology, nature, history and science.
Discovery India announced plans to revamp the channel in 2018 with new IPs. The revamp began the same day Discovery Jeet launched by removing all existing shows, except for Mister Maker at night and airing ZeeQ's Bandbudh Aur Budbak the whole day.
The revamp was ultimately completed on 21 April 2018, the same day as the premiere of Discovery's latest local animation property called Little Singham, based on the original Singham film from 2011. The show launched with 156 episodes and five TV feature films. The English dubbed version started airing in July as a gradual rollout.
Discovery Kids saw an increase in ratings since the release of Bandbudh Aur Budbak on the channel. The launch of Little Singham helped the channel to achieve second position in the kids genre, with a reach of 24 million and 111 minutes per viewer.
- 1001 Nights
- Adiboo Adventures
- Care Bears
- The Adventures of Chuck and Friends
- The Adventures of Tintin 
- Akbar and Birbal
- The Amazing Spiez!
- Angry Birds Blues
- Angry Birds Piggy Tales
- Angry Birds Stella
- Angry Birds Toons
- Bandbudh Aur Budbak
- Chaplin & Co
- Clifford the Big Red Dog
- Dex Hamilton: Alien Entomologist
- Gadget Boy
- G.I. Joe: Renegades
- Legend of Enyo
- Luv Kushh
- Maya the Bee
- Molly of Denali
- The Mysteries of Alfred Hedgehog
- Nature Cat
- The Monster Kid
- The New Woody Woodpecker Show
- Pinkalicious & Peterrific
- Nils Holgersson
- Oscar's Oasis
- Robin Hood: Mischief in Sherwood
- Sally Bollywood 
- Shaktimaan: The Animated Series
- Sunny Bunnies
- Tenali Raman
- Transformers: Animated
- Transformers: Armada
- Transformers: Cybertron
- Transformers: Cyberverse
- Transformers: Energon
- Transformers: Prime
- Transformers: Rescue Bots
- Wild Kratts
- The Powerpuff Girls
- The Woody Woodpecker Show
- Tiny Toon Adventures
- Zak Storm
- "Discovery Kids expands it's playground; enters Sri Lanka". Adgully.com.
- "Discovery Networks launches Discovery Kids in India". Livemint. 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Discovery Channel to launch new programming strategy". August 3, 2001. Retrieved December 22, 2017.
- "Discovery launches contest to lure in kids". Indian Television Dot Com. August 22, 2002.
- "Discovery Kids tempts children with three India-centric series". August 1, 2012. Retrieved December 17, 2017.
- "Discovery Kids expands distribution to Airtel Digital TV". October 31, 2012. Retrieved December 17, 2017.
- Ambwani, Meenakshi Verma (2017-12-04). "Discovery India to revamp its kids' channel". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "Discovery Kids acquires rights of ZeeQ's 'Bandbudh Aur Budbak'". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Discovery Kids to launch Telugu language feeds - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Singham's animated miniature avatar to appear on Discovery Kids". www.bestmediaifo.com. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- "Bandbudh aur Budbak helps catapult Discovery Kids ratings by 112%". Indian Television Dot Com. 2018-02-23. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Discovery Kids soars to 2nd position in kids genre riding on Little Singham". Indian Advertising Media & Marketing News – exchange4media. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "Discovery to dub foreign content as Hindi GEC channel doesn't stir viewers". www.afaqs.com. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "'Fukrey Boyzzz' to add value to 'Fukrey' franchise". September 26, 2019 – via The New Indian Express.
- "Discovery Kids launches animated series 'Kisna'". October 14, 2014 – via Business Standard.
- "Krishna: India's First 3-D Animated TV Series". May 16, 2009 – via Iskcon News.
- "Discovery Kids tempts children with three India-centric series". August 1, 2012. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Classmate Spell Bee is back with its 11th season". January 15, 2019 – via Business Standard.
- "Mini Mathur and Cyrus Sahukar re-unite after 4 years to host Discovery SCHOOL SUPER LEAGUE (DSSL) POWERED BY BYJU'S- The Learning App". Indian Television Dot Com. March 28, 2019.
- "Kids genre perks up". September 26, 2012 – via Financial Express.
- "Discovery kids will double the fun this summer vacation". Adgully.com.
- "DISCOVERY KIDS PRESENTS THE TIMELESS TALES IN ITS SERIES 1001 NIGHTS". Adgully.com.
- "Discovery Kids to take kids on an exciting voyage with Tintin". January 14, 2013. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- "Discovery Kids brings amusing and wise tales of 'Akbar & Birbal'". March 5, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Discovery Kids presents The Amazing Spiez". Adgully.com.
- "Discovery Kids to present biggest animation franchise in India". Adgully.com.
- "Bandbudh aur Budbak helps catapult Discovery Kids ratings by 112%". Indian Television Dot Com. February 23, 2018.
- "Discovery Kids Premieres New Adventurous 'Chaplin'". Adgully.com.
- "ENTER A PREHISTORIC WORLD OF DRAGONS AND DINOSAURS WITH DISCOVERY KIDS' NEW SERIES 'DINOFROZ'". July 11, 2013. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- "Discovery Kids to launch new series 'Insectibles'". Indian Television Dot Com. January 28, 2016.
- "Discovery Kids to roll out new series 'Luv Kushh'". Indian Television Dot Com. October 30, 2015.
- "DISCOVERY KIDS launches the curious cult series 'MAYA THE BEE'". Adgully.com.
- "Discovery Kids presents the Robinhood: Mischiefs In Sherwood".
- "Discovery Kids to air movies every weekend throughout 2017". December 26, 2016.
- "Sunny Bunnies hops to Discovery Kids India". Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- "Discovery Kids launches summer programming in 'Desi Dhamaal'". Indian Television Dot Com. April 24, 2015.
- "India is tailor-made for Discovery Kids: Rahul Johri - Exchange4media". Indian Advertising Media & Marketing News – exchange4media.
- "Zak Storm makes free-TV strides in Europe".