|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
The settlement was founded in 1805, when a group of nomads constructed a water well near a mountain area called Bug. It is the fourth largest city in the Bay province.
Dinsoor has one local airport, Mecca Boqol. The town also serves as a regional center for business and trade. It is the only district in Bay that shares borders with all of the other districts in the region.
- Waaxda Dhexe ee Istaatistikada, p.18
- "Somalia City & Town Population". Tageo. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Regions, districts, and their populations: Somalia 2005 (draft)" (PDF). UNDP. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Somalia. Waaxda Dhexe ee Istaatistikada (1981). Report on the demographic survey of Banadir, Bay, and Lower Shebelle regions of Somalia, 1980-81. The Dept.
- Dinsoor, Somalia - coordinates