Dinghai (help·info) (Chinese: 定海区) is a district of Zhoushan City made of 128 islands in Zhejiang province, China. It is based on the larger northwestern half of Zhoushan Island, where it borders Putuo in the east. The district boundary meets that of Daishan County out at sea to the north of the island. Its southwestern boundary intersects the border of Ningbo, also entirely at sea.
Zhoushan New Town
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
(the former county)
The district used to be a county. In 1987, it was combined with the neighbouring county of Putuo to form the city of Zhoushan.
- District Seat: Changguo Sub-District
- Population: 464,184 as of November 1, 2010
- Area: 1,444 km2 (558 sq mi) (568.8 km2 or 219.6 sq mi terrestrial, 875.2 km2 or 337.9 sq mi marine)
- Population Density: 816/km2 (2,110/sq mi)
- Gross Domestic Product: 31 billion yuan as of 2011
- Per capita GDP: 66,784 yuan (approximately 10,740 US Dollars)
In addition to Zhoushan Main Island, other large islands include:
- Jintang (金塘)
- Cezi (册子)
- Changbai (长白)
- Changzhi (长峙)
- Banzhi (盘峙)
- Damao (大猫)
As of the close of 2014, Dinghai District administratively consisted of 9 sub-districts (街道; jiēdào) and 3 towns (镇; zhèn):
- Changguo (昌国街道)
- Huannan (环南街道)
- Chengdong (城东街道)
- Yancang (盐仓街道)
- Lincheng (临城街道)
- Cengang (岑港街道)
- Ma'ao (马岙街道)
- Shuangqiao (双桥街道)
- Xiaosha (小沙街道)
- Jintang (金塘镇)
- Baiquan (白泉镇)
- Ganlan (干𬒗镇): the second character is 𬒗(石览), which is often substituted with 缆.
Historically, Dinghai District administratively consisted of 6 subdistricts, 7 towns and 3 townships (乡; xiāng), which are listed below.
- Jiefang (解放街道)
- Changguo (昌国街道)
- Huannan (环南街道) merges the defunct townships of Panzhi (盘峙) and Damao (大猫).
- Chengdong (城东街道) is the defunct township of Yang'ao (洋岙).
- Yancang (盐仓街道) is the defunct township of Yancang (盐仓).
- Lincheng (临城街道) is made up of defunct town(ship)s of Lincheng (临城) and Changzhi (长峙).
- Jintang (金塘镇) is made up of defunct town(ship)s of Ligang (沥港), Shantan (山潭), Dafeng (大丰), and Liuhang (柳行).
- Baiquan (白泉镇) merges the defunct township of Gaoxie (皋泄).
- Cengang (岑港镇) merges defunct townships of Mamu (马目), and Yandun (烟墩).
- Ganlan (干𬒗镇)
- Xiaosha (小沙镇) merges the defunct township of Dasha (大沙).
- Ma'ao (马岙镇)
- Shuangqiao (双桥镇) is made up of defunct townships of Ziwei (紫微) and Shijiao (石礁).
- Beichan (北蝉乡)
- Cezi (册子乡)
- Changbai (长白乡)
- Official site (in Chinese)