DigitAlb is an Albanian media, digital satellite and terrestrial TV platform based in Tirana, Albania. The TV platform began terrestrial broadcasts in July 2004, and satellite broadcasts by the end of that year. At the same time, DigitAlb began broadcasting some channels of defunct AlbaniaSat's satellite platform SAT + which eventually went bankrupt. DigitAlb closely collaborates with sports package SuperSport while having introduced wireless DVB-H technology for wireless TV for the first time in Albania since 2006. The company forms part of Top Media Group together with Top Channel, Top Albania Radio, Top Gold Radio, Gazeta Shqip, Shqip Magazine, Top News, VGA Studio, My Music Radio, and musicAL. In Europe, Digitalb will broadcast until 2020 on Eutelsat.
|Type||Joint stock company|
|Genre||Albanian TV Platform|
|Founded||15 July 2004|
|Albania, Kosovo, Europe, North America|
|Alban Jaho (CEO and shareholder)|
|Products||TV Channels with a variety of programs|
|Services||Digital Mpeg-4 signal|
TV channels with pay
Union Distribucion Service Albania (10%)
DEM Capital (10%)
Union Group (10%)
E&E Investment (10%)
|Parent||Top Media Group Sh.A|
Top Albania Radio
Top Gold Radio
My Music Radio
DigitAlb has been running since 2004 and has amassed more than 100,000 terrestrial and 200,000 satellite subscribers in Albania, not counting subscribers via cable companies IPKO in Kosovo and ABCom in Albania. A variety of channels, content and price have domestically made DigitAlb the most popular platform in Albania. The thematic channels edited and owned by DigitAlb are the most preferred among the audience. Having 9 movie channels + 2 HD movie channels, 1 channel for all family, 3 documentary channels, 3 children channels, 7 sport channels (all of them in HD), news channels, music channels, adult channels and many other Albanian National Channels and International channels (Fox channels group, Discovery channels group, Viacom channels, Eurosport channels, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Travel Channel etc.).
On 14 February 2013, DigitAlb launched a new model of set top box, and also new services. Launching a middleware set top box, DigitAlb started interactive services for its customers. So push VOD, online betting, lotteries, games, IPTV, web navigation through the set top box and many other options became available to customers. This was the most important new development since the launch of the HD service back in 2007.
- SD decoders are: Opentech ODS 3000C, Opentech ODS 2000C.
- HD decoders are: Kaon KSF-S660HDCO, Opentech ODS 3000H, ODS 2000H.
- Digitalb terrestrial standard definition decoders are: Opentech ODT 1000C and Kaon KTF-270CO.
- Digitalb terrestrial high definition (T2) decoder is: ODT 2000H.
- Digitalb satellite HD Middleware decoder is: ODS 4000H.
- Digitalb newest decoder with PVR, Internet, online apps and other things is called Flybox. It started selling in March 2013 and it is an Albanian product made by DigitAlb companies in Albania.
- FlyBox mini
- Hard Disk i DigitAlb (HDD)
- "Digitalb — Platforme Dixhitale Tokesore dhe Satelitore". Digitalb.al. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "DigitAlb on Eutelsat 16A at 16.0°E". LyngSat.com. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Eutelsat : 66 channels found". Eutelsat.com. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Packages: Digit Alb - KingOfSat". En.kingofsat.net. Retrieved 11 August 2016.
- "Digitalb opts for Quadrille solution". Broadband TV News. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2016.