Different World is the 18th studio album by British rock group Uriah Heep, released in 1991 in Europe and Japan, but not in North America. Different World was the first Uriah Heep studio album from which no single was released in the UK. It is the second studio album to feature this line-up. Bass guitarist Trevor Bolder produced the album and has said that, although it was an experience, he found it tricky wearing the hats of both band member/musician and producer.
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Chapel Studios, Thoresby, Lincolnshire,|
Fairview Studios, Wilerby, Hull, East Yorkshire
|Label||Legacy (UK and Japan)|
|Uriah Heep chronology|
|Singles from Different World|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||5/10|
The UK vinyl and cassette releases had the lyrics on the inner sleeve: the CD had nothing at all printed inside the insert, although whether this was by accident or design is unclear. Subsequent CD reissues printed the lyrics and had bonus tracks.
The UK tour was Heep's first in support of a new studio product since 1985. They had played just the one UK show for Raging Silence.
The track "Which Way Will the Wind Blow" is not to be confused with "Which Way Did the Wind Blow", a track performed by Shaw and Lanzon in their previous band Grand Prix in 1980.
|1.||"Blood on Stone"||Trevor Bolder||4:38|
|2.||"Which Way Will the Wind Blow"||Bolder||4:52|
|3.||"All God's Children"||Mick Box, Phil Lanzon||4:20|
|4.||"All for One"||Bolder||4:27|
|5.||"Different World"||Box, Lanzon||4:15|
|6.||"Step by Step"||Bolder||4:07|
|7.||"Seven Days"||Box, Lanzon||3:35|
|9.||"One on One"||Box, Lanzon||4:05|
|10.||"Cross That Line"||Box, Lanzon||5:35|
|11.||"Stand Back"||Box, Lanzon||3:57|
|12.||"Blood Red Roses" (remix)||Peter Goalby||3:52|
|13.||"Hold Your Head Up" (new edit)||Rod Argent, Chris White||4:22|
|14.||"Rockarama" (1987 live version)||Box, Bolder, Goalby, Lee Kerslake, John Sinclair||10:03|
|12.||"Powers of Addiction" (demo)||Bolder||4:12|
|13.||"Holy Roller" (extended version)||Box, Bolder, Kerslake, Lanzon, Bernie Shaw||5:03|
|14.||"Blood on Stone" (extended version)||7:03|
|15.||"Cross That Line" (extended version)||5:59|
- Uriah Heep
- Mick Box – guitars, backing vocals
- Lee Kerslake – drums, backing vocals
- Trevor Bolder – bass, backing vocals, producer, mixing
- Phil Lanzon – keyboards, backing vocals
- Bernie Shaw – lead vocals
- Additional musicians
- Brett Morgan – drums
- Danny Wood – accordion
- Benny Marshall – harmonica
- Steve Piggott – keyboard programming
- The "All God's Children" choir – Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School, Alford, Lincolnshire, England, conducted by Andrew Willoughby
- Roy Neave – engineer, mixing, computer programming
- Mat Kemp – engineer
- Anderson, Jason. "Uriah Heep - Different World review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- Popoff, Martin (1 August 2007). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 3: The Nineties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 471. ISBN 978-1-894959-62-9.
- "Reviews: Uriah Heep - Different World". Rock Hard (in German). No. 49. 22 March 1991. Retrieved 17 February 2019.