Its gothic church, inaugurated in 1543, in the centre of town, has a conspicuous tiered spire.
A portion of Brussels Airport is located in Diegem. Diegem's situation just outside the Brussels-Capital Region and close to the R0 (the Brussels orbital motorway) mean it has a large number of business premises.
Its postal code is 1831.
Brussels Airlines has its corporate head office in the b.house on the grounds of Brussels Airport and in Diegem. Brussels Airlines formed in 2006 as a result of a merger between SN Brussels and Virgin Express.
Primary schools in Diegem include Gemeentelijke Basisschool De Fonkel and Parochiale Basisschool. GISO Machelen provides secondary education to Diegem residents. Bibliotheek Machelen-Diegem is the public library of the town.
- Sainte Catherine's and Saint Cornelius' church (in Diegem)
- "bedrijf.jpg Archived 24 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine." Machelen. Retrieved on 25 April 2010.
- "Corp – Contact Us." Brussels Airlines. Retrieved on 23 October 2009.
- "Sabena reborn: SN Brussels-Virgin Express merger 'set to take former Belgian flag carrier brand'." Flight Global. 27 October 2006. Retrieved on 23 October 2009.
- "Contact Us." Chevron Phillips. Retrieved on September 6, 2017. "Chevron Phillips Chemical International N.V. Airport Plaza - Stockholm Building Leonardo Da Vincilaan 19 1831 Diegem Belgium"
- "Kleuter- en basisonderwijs." Machelen. Retrieved on September 6, 2017.
- "Secundair onderwijs." Machelen. Retrieved on September 6, 2017.
- Home. GISO Machelen. Retrieved on September 6, 2017.
- Home. Machelen, bibliotheek.be. Retrieved on September 6, 2017.
|This Flemish Brabant location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|