Diana Victoria González Barrera (10 September 1993 – 1 November 2019) was a Mexican footballer who played as a midfielder. Her last team was Club América of Liga MX Femenil. She has been a member of the Mexico women's national under-17 team.
|Full name||Diana Victoria González Barrera|
|Date of birth||10 September 1993|
|Place of birth||Toluca, Mexico|
|Date of death||1 November 2019(aged 26)|
|Place of death||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 February 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 1 March 2019
González made her debut with Club América. At eight years old, she wished that in Mexico there was a professional soccer league for women equal to the manly one.
She debuted in the Liga MX Femenil on July 23, 2018 during a duel Club América vs Deportivo Toluca, being her first season the 2018 Apertura Tournament (Mexico), in which she played seven games with a total of 526 minutes played. She scored four goals and received a yellow card.
In her second season, she played eleven games with a total of 670 minutes of action, with a single goal scored and received two yellow cards.
After many rumors and expectations in her hometown on September 22, 2017, she was presented by the 2018 opening before the UANL Tigers, however she trained with America looking for a position for a foreigner position in the first team.
González died on November 1, 2019 due to a decompensation in glucose levels after suffering hypoglycemia, she was 26 years old. She was the first player who had been featured in the Liga MX Femenil to die.
- "Diana Victoria González Barrera". Liga MX Femenil. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "La muerte de Diana González enluta al fútbol mexicano". CNN (in Spanish). 3 November 2019. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "¿Quién era Diana González, la jugadora del América que falleció el viernes?". MARCA Claro México (in Spanish). 2 November 2019. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "Qué es la hipoglucemia, la enfermedad por la que murió Diana González". www.milenio.com. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- Diana González – FIFA competition record
- "Fallece Diana González, jugadora de América". TUDN (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-11-03.