Diamonds Are Forever (soundtrack)
|Diamonds Are Forever|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||Frank Collura (reissue)|
|John Barry chronology|
|James Bond soundtrack chronology|
|Singles from Diamonds Are Forever|
"Diamonds Are Forever", the title song with lyrics by Don Black, was the second Bond theme to be performed by Shirley Bassey, after "Goldfinger". The song was also recorded in Italian by Bassey as "Una Cascata di Diamanti (Vivo Di Diamanti)"; this version was only issued on 7-inch single in Italy, and was intended to be included in a (cancelled) 3-CD box set titled Shirley released in 2012.
Producer Harry Saltzman hated the song and it only made the film due to co-producer Albert Broccoli. One of Saltzman's major objections was to the innuendo in the lyrics. Bassey would later return for a third performance for 1979's Moonraker.
Tracks 13–21 were not released on the original soundtrack.
- "Diamonds Are Forever (Main Title)" – sung by Shirley Bassey
- "Bond Meets Bambi and Thumper"[A]
- "Moon Buggy Ride"
- "Circus, Circus"
- "Death at the Whyte House"
- "Diamonds Are Forever (Source Instrumental)"
- "Diamonds Are Forever (Bond and Tiffany)"
- "Bond Smells a Rat"
- "Tiffany Case"
- "007 and Counting"
- "Q's Trick"
- "To Hell with Blofeld"[A][B]
- "Gunbarrel and Manhunt"[A]
- "Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd/Bond to Holland"[A]
- "Peter Franks"
- "Airport Source/On the Road"
- "Slumber, Inc."
- "The Whyte House"
- "Plenty, Then Tiffany"
- "Following the Diamonds"
- "Additional and Alternate Cues"
The title song is frequently sampled by modern artists:
- Diamonds Are Forever at AllMusic
- "Shirley Bassey 3CD release 2012". Shirley Bassey Wordpress. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- Bassey also sung an Italian version of this song (Vivo di diamanti, literally "I live because of diamonds") for the Italian edition of the film's end credits.
- Late Registration (Media notes). Kanye West. Roc-A-Fella Records. 2005.CS1 maint: others (link)