Dharmapur, West Bengal
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Dharmapur is located at .
As per 2011 Census of India Dharmapur had a total population of 8,456 of which 4,265 (50%) were males and 4,191 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 719. The total number of literates in Dharmapur was 6,474 (83.68 % of the population over 6 years).
The following Municipalities and Census Towns in Hooghly district were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census: Bansberia (M), Hugli-Chinsurah (M), Bara Khejuria (Out Growth), Shankhanagar (CT), Amodghata (CT), Chak Bansberia (CT), Naldanga (CT), Kodalia (CT), Kulihanda (CT), Simla (CT), Dharmapur (CT), Bhadreswar (M), Champdani (M), Chandannagar (M Corp.), Baidyabati (M), Serampore (M), Rishra (M), Rishra (CT), Bamunari (CT), Dakshin Rajyadharpur (CT), Nabagram Colony (CT), Konnagar (M), Uttarpara Kotrung (M), Raghunathpur (PS-Dankuni) (CT), Kanaipur (CT) and Keota (CT).
As of 2001[update] India census, Dharmapur had a population of 5,384. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Dharmapur has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76% and, female literacy is 65%. In Dharmapur, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- District-wise list of statutory towns Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Yahoo maps location of Dharmapur". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2009-01-03.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.