for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Md. Enamur Rahman|
The constituency was created when, ahead of the 2008 general election, the Election Commission redrew constituency boundaries to reflect population changes revealed by the 2001 Bangladesh census. The 2008 redistricting added 7 new seats to Dhaka District, increasing the number of constituencies in the district from 13 to 20. One of the new seats usurped the name Dhaka-12, and the former constituency of that name became Dhaka-19.
Members of ParliamentEdit
|1973||Ataur Rahman Khan||BJL|
|1979||Mohammad Habibullah||Bangladesh Nationalist Party|
|Major Boundary Changes|
|2008||Talukdar Mohammad Towhid Jung Murad||Awami League|
|2014||Md. Enamur Rahman||Awami League|
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Talukdar Mohammad Towhid Jung Murad||282,492||61.9||N/A|
|BNP||Dewan Md. Salauddin||170,719||37.4||N/A|
|KSJL||Md. Abu Yousuf Khan||569||0.1||N/A|
|Awami League win (new seat)|
- "Dhaka-19". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Rahman, Syedur (2010). Historical Dictionary of Bangladesh. Scarecrow Press. p. 105. ISBN 978-0-8108-7453-4.
- "133 constituency boundaries changed, Dhaka gets 20 seats". The Daily Star. 30 April 2008. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- Liton, Shakhawat (11 July 2008). "Final list of redrawn JS seats published". The Daily Star.
- "53 constituencies get new boundaries". The Daily Star. 4 July 2013.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.