Dhada (English Translation: Tremor) is a 2011 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film directed by Ajay Bhuyan and produced by D. Siva Prasad Reddy. The film features Naga Chaitanya and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles. The music composed by Devi Sri Prasad, cinematography by Gnana Shekar V.S of Vedam fame, editing by Dharmendra Kakarala of Prasthanam and LBW - Life Before Wedding fame. The film was dubbed into Tamil as Tiger Vishva. The film has action scenes inspired from the 2009 British-American film, Sherlock Holmes. In 2013 the movie was dubbed in Hindi under the same title and produced by Goldmines Telefilms. Dhada collected ₹25 million (US$360,000)(gross) in its total run. The film received negative reviews and was a box office failure.
|Directed by||Ajay Bhuyan|
|Produced by||D. Siva Prasad Reddy|
|Written by||Ajay Bhuyan|
|Story by||Ajay Bhuyan|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Cinematography||Gnana Shekar V.S.|
Sri Kamakshi Enterprises
|Distributed by||R R Movies|
|Budget||₹300 million (US$4.3 million)(citation needed)|
|Box office||₹25 million (US$360,000)|
Viswa's (Naga Chaitanya) family members are introduced, namely his older brother Rajiv (Srikanth) and his sister-in-law Preethi (Sameksha). Viswa meets Rhea (Kajal Aggarwal), who is the only daughter of a wealthy business tycoon (Mukesh Rishi) who is concerned about money and growth, but not about affection and love. While Viswa is trying to get Rhea's attention, he accidentally gets into a quarrel with a gang who does business with human trafficking. He fights and frees some girls who were kidnapped. The gang leader RD (Rahul Dev) tries to find Viswa and kill him. Rhea's father sets up a proposal with another business tycoon's son Amit (Eijaz Khan). Rhea is not interested. The gang's owner soon finds out that Rajiv works for him and tries to chase him down, but Viswa beats everybody up. He soon realizes that he has to save Rhea from Amit. Amit tries to kill her by locking her in a car and throwing the car into an ocean, but Viswa saves her. The film ends with Viswa bringing Rhea out of the ocean in a blanket and them talking.
- Naga Chaitanya as Viswa
- Kajal Aggarwal as Rhea
- Sriram as Rajiv, Viswa's brother
- Samiksha as Preethi, Viswa's sister-in-law
- Eijaz Khan as Amit
- Kelly Dorji as Kelly
- Rahul Dev as RD
- Mukesh Rishi as Rhea's father
- Junaid Sheikh as Michael
- Venu Madhav
- Tanikella Bharani as Preethi's father (cameo)
- Satya Krishnan as Rhea's mother (cameo)
- Aruna Shields as an item number "Bhoome Gundranga"
Reports emerged in December 2009 that director Ajay Bhuyan would direct a film starring Naga Chaitanya in the lead role. The film soon began production works with Kajal Aggarwal being signed on in a leading role, with the producers announcing a release date of July 2010. The producers approached Arjun and Kamalinee Mukherjee to appear as the brother and the sister-in-law of Naga Chaitanya, although talks were unsuccessful. Subsequently, Srikanth and Anita Hassanandani were selected for the roles, but Anita opted out before her schedule began and was then replaced by Samiksha.
|Territories and ancillary revenues||Price|
|Satellite rights with a TV channel||₹50 million (US$720,000)|
|AP distribution rights||₹120 million (US$1.7 million)|
|Music rights||₹5 million (US$72,000)|
|Other rights||₹30 million (US$430,000)|
|Overseas rights||₹10 million (US$140,000)|
|Hindi remake rights||₹8 million (US$120,000)|
|Total||₹220 million (US$3.2 million)|
- The figures don't include the Print and Advertising (P&A) costs.
Dhada AP distribution rights were sold for ₹120 million (US$1.7 million) to RR Movie Makers.Its overseas rights were sold for ₹10 million (US$140,000). Its Hindi remake rights were sold for ₹8 million (US$120,000).
Star Maa TV bought the satellite rights for ₹50 million (US$720,000). Its music rights were sold for ₹5 million (US$72,000) and home media rights were sold for ₹2 million (US$29,000)
Dhada was released with 90 digital prints in 70 theaters(AP).The film was released in 20 theaters in Hyderabad itselfDhada collected ₹10 million (US$140,000)(Share) and ₹12 million (US$170,000)(gross) in its lifetime.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||5 January 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
The soundtrack was composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The music was released on 25 July 2011 at Shilpa Kala Vedika, Hyderabad.The soundtrack consists of seven tracks. It was released by Aditya Music. Akkineni Nageswara Rao and Dr D Ramanaidu attended the function as chief guests.
|1.||"Bhoome Gundranga"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Richard, Ranina Reddy||04:02|
|2.||"Hello Hello"||Ananth Sreeram||Nikhil D'Souza, Neha Bhasin||04:17|
|3.||"Telugu Bengali"||Ananth Sreeram||Neeraj Shridhar, Sricharan, Megha||04:54|
|4.||"Godava Godava"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Karthik, Priya Himesh||03:57|
|5.||"Diwali Deepanni"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Kalyan, Andrea Jeremiah||03:55|
|6.||"Chinnaga Chinnaga"||Ananth Sreeram||Sagar||01:17|
|7.||"Ey Pilla"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Jaspreet Jasz, Suchitra,||04:32|
- Nominated - Best Playback Singer - Female - Neha Bhasin – "Hello Hello"
- Nominated - Best Debutant Director - Ajay Bhuyan
- Naga Chaitanya's 'DHADA' First Look – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- Friday Review Hyderabad : The big switch. The Hindu (18 December 2009). Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- Kajal opposite Naga Chaitanya. Sify.com (16 January 2010). Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- Kajal roped in as heroine in Nag's film – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- on the technical side producers had Kiran Ganti as their film editor who has been changed after replaced by Dharmendra Kakarala who was into fame with his editing in Prasthanam and LBW Naga Chaitanya and Kajal Aggarwal New Movie From Tomorrow – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- Naga Chaitanya, Ajay Bhuyan Combo Second Schedule Archived 10 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine. CineGoer.com (9 July 2010). Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- Telugu cinema news. idlebrain.com. Retrieved on 3 February 2012.
- Chaitu's 'Dhada' audio launched – Telugu Movie News. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 3 February 2012.