Dewan Farooque Motors
|Founded||January 15, 2000|
|Dewan Yousuf Farooqui (CEO)|
|Parent||Yousuf Dewan Companies|
In 2016, the company agreed to resume production of vehicles of Indian multinational Mahindra & Mahindra's South Korea based subsidiary SsangYong, as Daehan-Dewan at its assembly plant in Sujawal.
Dewan Farooque partnered with Korean brands like Hyundai and Kia to produce its first car on January 15, 2000. The company received an extraordinary response especially for its Hyundai Santro and Hyundai Shahzore models. Company sales grew well until 2008 when it faced various challenges. In 2009, automobile production stopped. After a gap of three years, Dewan Farooque Motors produced a few hundred cars in fiscal year 2014 and 2015 based on its old inventory. Dewan Farooque Motors in October 2016 announced that the company would start assembling vehicles in 2017 again.
On 19 January 2018, Dewan Farooque Motors announced it has received approval for its Brownfield plant from the Engineering Development Board (EDB)and is expected to resume vehicle production from February 2018. On February 25, 2018 Dewan launched a cargo pickup truck under the popular Shehzore nameplate in collaboration with Daehan Motors (South Korea).
- Daehan Shehzore (Light Utility Truck)
- "DFML". www.yousufdewan.com.
- Reporter, The Newspaper's Staff (August 11, 2016). "DFML to revive manufacturing plant". DAWN.COM.
- "Dewan Farooque applies for resuming car production". The Express Tribune. August 11, 2016.
- "Dewan Farooque to resume production from October". The Express Tribune. September 6, 2016.
- Rahman, Abdul. "Dewan Farooque Motors is Resuming Vehicle Production in Pakistan".
- "Dewan Launches the New 2018 Shehzore Pickup - CarSpiritPK". www.carspiritpk.com.
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|