Detective School Dropouts
|Detective School Dropouts|
Out-of-print 1986 VHS video cover.
|Directed by||Filippo Ottoni|
|Produced by||Yoram Globus|
|Written by||David Landsberg|
Two bumbling private detectives get themselves hired to find a missing person. They quickly find themselves in the middle of a mob war that takes place between New York City and Rome, when it turns out that the missing person is somebody the mob wants to stay missing.
- David Landsberg as Donald Wilson
- Lorin Dreyfuss as Paul Miller
- Christian De Sica as Carlo Lombardi
- George Eastman as Bruno Falcone
- Valeria Golino as Caterina Zanetti
- Mario Brega as Don Lombardi
- Rik Battaglia as Don Zanetti
- Alberto Farnese as Don Falcone
- Ennio Antonelli as Riccardino
- Giancarlo Prete as Mario Zanetti
The film was not successful at the box office, but subsequently gained cult film status. It is noted for its low-budget production values, cheesy '80's synth soundtrack, and being the only film released from the Cannon Group to have lost money at the box office. However, it is also representative of '80 culture at the time when slapstick briefly resurfaced in popularity with American audiences.
"Detective School Drop Outs" was released on DVD from MGM in October 2011.
- Detective School Dropouts at Rotten Tomatoes
- Detective School Dropouts on IMDb
- eFilmCritic Movie Review
|This film article about a 1980s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|