Destruction '08 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event promoted by New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW). The event took place on October 13, 2008, in Tokyo, at Ryōgoku Kokugikan. The event featured nine matches (including one dark match), three of which were contested for championships. All Japan Pro Wrestling representatives Hiroshi Yamato, Kai and Satoshi Kojima, as well as the reigning IWGP Heavyweight Champion Keiji Mutoh, took part in the event as outsiders. It was the second event under the Destruction name.
|Promotion||New Japan Pro-Wrestling|
|Date||October 13, 2008|
Destruction '08 featured nine professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
During the event, No Limit (Tetsuya Naito and Yujiro) won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship for the first time by defeating Prince Prince (Minoru and Prince Devitt), while Pro Wrestling Zero1's Masato Tanaka lost the World Heavyweight Championship to Yuji Nagata, ending his year-long reign. In the main event, Keiji Mutoh made his fourth successful defense of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura.
- "Destruction'08". New Japan Pro-Wrestling (in Japanese). Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "新日本プロレス「Destruction'08」". Sports Navi (in Japanese). Yahoo!. October 13, 2008. Archived from the original on October 15, 2008. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Destruction 2008". Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- 新日本プロレス「Destruction'08」. Nikkan Sports (in Japanese). October 13, 2008. Archived from the original on October 15, 2008. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on November 18, 2013. Retrieved September 13, 2014.