This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
GrassMaster is a hybrid grass sports playing field surface composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres. It was developed and patented by Desso Sports in 1993. This hybrid grass system is now developed by Tarkett Sports after a takeover of Desso Sports and has been rebranded since as GrassMaster. Tarkett Sports developed PlayMaster in 2016, a new lay-n-play hybrid grass solution.
GrassMaster reinforces a natural grass pitch by vertically inserting 20 million polypropylene (PP) fibres into the soil. The 20-centimetre (7.9 in) long PP fibres are injected by computer-controlled machines, 18 centimetres (7.1 in) deep so 2 centimetres (0.79 in) remains above the surface, in a grid about 2 by 2 centimetres (0.79 in × 0.79 in). The grass roots entwine with the fibres and grow deeper and wider. The PP fibres above the surface are designed to ensure an even and stable surface. GrassMaster may be installed before seeding, after seeding or on grass sods.
- "Home - GrassMaster Solutions". grassmastersolutions.com.
- "PITCH-ING IN". QPR.
- "Sheffield Wednesday: Work continues on Desso pitch". Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "VIDEO: Sheffield Wednesday on track with new state-of-the-art pitch". Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Stamford Bridge is getting a technical makeover this summer". Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Le Stade de France choisit Tarkett Sports et sa technologie Desso GrassMaster". dessosports. Paris. Archived from the original on 2016-08-10. Retrieved February 2016. Check date values in:
- "High-tech hybrid grass for Grêmio Arena". GFPA. Porto Alegre (RS,Brazil). Archived from the original on 2013-06-06. Retrieved May 2013. Check date values in:
- "Pitch Refurbishment Underway". LCFC. Leicester. Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved May 2011. Check date values in:
- "How Arsenal have put Wembley in the shade" (PDF). The Times. London. Retrieved April 2009. Check date values in:
- "LSV beats the big freeze!". Archived from the original on August 19, 2011. Retrieved December 21, 2010.
- "Manchester City inaugurates brand new stadium". Retrieved May 17, 2007.
- Parsons, Tom (5 June 2013). "Pitch battle prompts Manchester United to switch to new surface". Inside World Football. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Louis van Gaal: New Manchester United manager orders club to rip up training ground pitches before his arrival". The Independent. 7 June 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Pitch relay news Desso is go". WatfordFC.com. London. Archived from the original on July 12, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "The Wembley pitch". FATV. London. Retrieved August 2011. Check date values in:
- "Dunedin's hi-tech stadium open for business". tvnz. New Zealand. Retrieved August 2011. Check date values in:
- "Liberty Stadium Pitch - Official Stadium Website". Archived from the original on 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Millennium Stadium to have new hybrid playing surface". 23 May 2014 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Cardiff City Stadium, Home of Cardiff City FC". cardiffcitystadium.co.uk.
- "A new pitch for the Blades". Retrieved 29 April 2019.