Desire (Spanish: Desearás al hombre de tu hermana) is a 2017 period erotic thriller film directed by Diego Kaplan and written by Erika Halvorsen based on an idea by Alex Kahanoff. It stars Carolina "Pampita" Ardohain in her first leading role, along with Mónica Antonópulos, Guilherme Winter, Juan Sorini and Andrea Frigerio. The film is about a young woman who goes to her estranged sister's wedding to try to rekindle their relationship but after meeting the groom, she begins to fall in love with him.
|Spanish||Desearás al hombre de tu hermana|
|Directed by||Diego Kaplan|
|Screenplay by||Erika Halvorsen|
|Story by||Alex Kahanoff|
|Edited by||Marcelo "Mark" Martínez|
|Music by||Iván Wyszogrod|
|Distributed by||Energía Entusiasta|
In 2018, Netflix received online criticism claiming that the opening scene, involving a young girl accidentally having her first orgasm, was child pornography. Director Diego Kaplan defended the scene, noting, "The girls never understood what they were doing, they were just copying what they were seeing on the screen. No adult interacted with the girls, other than the child acting coach. Everything was done under the careful surveillance of the girls’ mothers." The scene uses editing, music, and sound to convey the impression that the character is accidentally masturbating.
- "2017 Argentina Yearly Box Office Results". Box Office Mojo. Amazon. Retrieved January 1, 2018.
- "Desire | Netflix". Netflix. Archived from the original on 2018-06-29.
- Sharf, Zack (30 June 2018). "'Desire': Netflix Accused of Streaming Child Pornography". IndieWire. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- Desearás al hombre de tu hermana on Cinenacional.com
- Desearás al hombre de tu hermana at IMDb
- Desire at Rotten Tomatoes