Desert Trip was a six-day music festival that took place on October 7–9 and 14–16, 2016, at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, United States. The performers were the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters, and The Who. The festival was dubbed "Oldchella" by Stereogum a few weeks before it was officially announced, referencing both the age of the performers and the fact that the concert was arranged by Goldenvoice, the company that also promotes the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
|Dates||October 7–9 and 14–16, 2016|
|Location(s)||Empire Polo Club|
81–800 Avenue 51
Indio, California 92201
|Founded by||Paul Tollett|
The Rolling Stones covered The Beatles' "Come Together"
Paul McCartney opened his October 15 set with "A Hard Day's Night". In the same show, he surprised his audience with a performance of his song "FourFiveSeconds" with special guest Rihanna. He also invited Neil Young on the stage to perform "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" for the first time ever and "A Day In The Life" with him. They then continued on to perform a cover of John Lennon's "Give Peace A Chance".
Bob Dylan's October 14 performance came the day after he was announced as the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature winner.
Friday October 7, 14
- Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones
Saturday October 8, 15
- Neil Young, Paul McCartney
Sunday October 9, 16
- The Who, Roger Waters
- Larsen, Peter (2016-10-02). "How Desert Trip gives the Woodstock generation another festival to call its own". Orange County Register. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Brown, August 'Old-chella'? Whatever. The all-star lineup at Desert Trip proves you can still rock over 70 Los Angeles Times. October 7, 2016
- Helman, Peter (2016-04-16). "Oldchella: Dylan, McCartney, The Stones, The Who, Neil Young, Roger Waters Tapped For Historic New Festival". Stereogum. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Waddell, Ray Desert Trip Founder Paul Tollett Explains Pulling Off McCartney, Stones & Dylan Lineup Billboard. October 7, 2016
- Lewis, Randy, Ali, Lorraine "Desert Trip's dream lineup and sky-high prices are making history—and upending rock fest tradition" Los Angeles Times, October 7, 2016
- Sisario, Ben (2016-09-28). "Coachella Classic: A Festival for Rock Giants and Their Aging Fans". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-09-28.
- "Bob Dylan Setlist". setlist.fm. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- Lewis, Randy (2016-10-17). "Roger Waters' Desert Trip encore: More cheers — and the pig gets grounded". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-09-21.