Department of Transport and Regional Development
|Formed||11 March 1996|
|Dissolved||21 October 1998|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
|Website||dot.gov.au at the Wayback Machine (archived 22 December 1996)|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
According to the Administrative Arrangements Order (AAO) made on 11 March 1996, the Department dealt with:
- Shipping and marine navigation
- Land transport (including road safety)
- Civil aviation and air navigation
- Aviation security
- Regional development
The Department was administered by Australian public servants who were responsible to the Minister for Transport and Regional Development.
|Start date||End date||Minister|
|11 March 1996||25 September 1997||John Sharp|
|25 September 1997||9 October 1997||John Anderson|
|9 October 1997||21 October 1998||Mark Vaile|
- CA 8248: Department of Transport and Regional Development, Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 18 November 2013
- Administrative Arrangements Order issued 11 March 1996 (PDF), National Archives of Australia, 11 March 1996, p. 22, archived from the original (PDF) on 27 April 2013
- Hawke, Allan (1 October 2013). "People are far more than mere 'resources'". The Age. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 18 November 2013.
- Department of Transport and Regional Development, Departmental Functional Overview, Department of Transport and Regional Development, archived from the original on 18 December 1996