Santana with the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
|Los Angeles Dodgers – No. 77|
|Born: April 12, 1996|
San Pedro de Macorís, Dominican Republic
|June 1, 2018, for the Los Angeles Dodgers|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Earned run average||9.35|
Santana signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers as an international free agent in March 2013. He made his professional debut in 2014 with the Dominican Summer League Dodgers and spent the whole season there, going 2-1 with a 1.05 ERA in twenty games. He pitched 2015 with the Arizona League Dodgers and Ogden Raptors, compiling a combined 2-5 record and 6.42 ERA in 13 games (11 starts), and 2016 with the Great Lakes Loons, posting a 5-9 record and 3.07 ERA with 124 strikeouts in 111.1 innings. He was a Midwest League All-Star with the Loons in 2016.
Santana started 2017 with the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes and was promoted to the Tulsa Drillers during the season. With the two teams, he was 8–7 with a 4.11 ERA in 24 games (21 starts). The Dodgers added him to the 40-man roster on November 20, 2017. He began 2018 with Tulsa but was promoted to the AAA Oklahoma City Dodgers in May. In his debut for them, he struck out 11 in six scoreless innings, for which he was named the Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week.
Santana was called up to the majors by the Dodgers for the first time on May 30, 2018 and made his debut on June 1, picking up the win in relief, despite allowing five runs on six hits in 32⁄3 innings against the Colorado Rockies. He also hit a two-RBI double in his first major league at-bat. He was scheduled to make his first major league start on June 7 against the Pittsburgh Pirates but suffered a right rotator cuff strain while warming up in the bullpen before the game and was placed on the disabled list, where he remained for the rest of the season.
- "Dennis Santana Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 30, 2018.
- "Dodgers prospect Dennis Santana adds All-Star to list of changes". MLive.com. June 20, 2016. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- "Dennis Santana Minor League Statistics & History". Baseball Reference.
- Stephen, Eric (November 20, 2017). "Dennis Santana, Trevor Oaks added to Dodgers' 40-man roster". SB Nation. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- Minami, Craig (May 20, 2018). "Santana sparkles in AAA debut". SB Nation. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- "Tauchman, Santana tabbed week's best". milb.com. May 21, 2018. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- Stephen, Eric (May 30, 2018). "Kenta Maeda placed on disabled list with hip strain". SB Nation. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Stephen, Eric (June 1, 2018). "Dodgers outlast Rockies in slugfest at Coors". SB Nation. Retrieved June 1, 2018.
- Stephen, Eric (June 8, 2018). "Dennis Santana placed on DL with a right rotator cuff strain". SB Nation. Retrieved June 8, 2018.
- "Dennis Santana Stats". Baseball Reference.