Diplomatic relations are described as strong, close, cordial and friendly. The Philippines called Denmark a significant ally in its renewable energy resources and wind energy. The Philippines enjoys strong maritime relations with Denmark.
In 2014 Denmark reopened its embassy in the Philippines, after having been closed since 2002.
Since 1976, the Philippines has maintained an envoy in Sweden, that maintained diplomatic links with Denmark and the other Nordic and Baltic countries. In 2002, Denmark decided to close her embassy in the Philippines because of financial reasons, but it was reopened in 2014.
In 1993, Denmark granted the Philippines 14.910 million DKK for the establishment of a River Rehabilitation Secretariat which will improve the environment of the Philippines. The Danish International Development Agency used 16 million DKK for handicapped children and young people in Philippines. Denmark assisted with 300,000 DKK for the floodings during Tropical Storm Washi which killed about 1,000 people.
Trade, agreements and economic cooperationEdit
In 1954 notes, expressing intent to enter into negotiations for a formal agreement on air arrangement, were exchanged. Between 1970 and 1972, Philippines exported $8.8 million worth of products to Denmark. Most of the Filipino export consisted of machinery and manufactured products. The Philippines also wanted to export finished garments, canned fruits, juice, wood products, timber and other raw materials to Denmark in the future. During the first half of 2008, more than $43 million worth of goods was traded between Denmark and the Philippines. In 2009, Danish exports to the Philippines amounted 500.9 million DKK while the Philippine exports to Denmark amounted 306.8 million DKK.
In 2005, with help from Danish International Development Agency, a wind farm was established in Cagayan. In 2010, The Philippine Northwind Power Development Corp developed the wind farm, with help from Danish investors. The turbine materials was also shipped from Denmark.
|2003||75,125,119 US dollars|
|2004||69,065,811 US dollars|
|2005||47,946,184 US dollars|
|2006||79,112,649 US dollars|
|2007||9,880,970 US dollars|
|2008||146,150,557 US dollars|
- "Denmark in the Philippines". filippinerne.um.dk. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- "Constitution Day of Denmark". Manila Bulletin. 5 June 2008. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
The celebration highlighted the strong relations between the Philippines and Denmark, the excellent opportunities in fostering cultural exchanges between the two countries, and the importance of harnessing community spirit and cooperation with the growing Filipino community in Denmark...
- "70th BIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY OF H. M. QUEEN MARGRETHE II" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- Office of the Government of the Philippines. "Country Profile: Kingdom of Denmark". WayBack Machine. Archived from the original on 20 December 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2011.
- "Pinoy Muslims burn Danish flag over Mohammed caricatures". GMA News. 15 February 2006. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "Philippines-Denmark Relations". Philippe embassy in Oslo, Norway. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "History of Philippine-Norwegian Diplomatic Relations". Filipino embassy in Norway. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Danmark lukker ti ambassader og generalkonsulater". Kristeligt Dagblad (in Danish). 21 February 2002. Retrieved 22 June 2011.
- "Grant of 14,910 million Danish Kroner by Denmark to the Philippines for a river rehabilitation secretariat signed in Manila on 14 May 1993". 14 May 1993. Archived from the original on 30 March 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Danida Grants Money For Handicapped Children In The Philippines". ScanAsia. 10 September 2007. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- Gloria Jane Baylon (24 December 2011). "Denmark joins int'l appeal for post-Sendong assistance in Phl". Zambotimes. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "SitRep No. 14 (Re) Effects of Tropical Storm "SENDONG" (WASHI)" (PDF). Philippines: National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council. 21 December 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 January 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
- "Exchange of notes constituting a temporary air arrangement" (PDF). United Nations Treaty Series. United Nations. 18 August 1954. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Far Eastern economic review" (85). University of Michigan: Tribune Review Publishing Company Building. 1974. ISBN 978-0-275-08770-8. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
Between 1970 and 1972, trade between the two countries went against the Philippines. But last year the Philippines exported a record $8.8 million worth of products to Denmark compared to only $3.7 million in 1972...
- Far Eastern economic review. University of Michigan: Review Pub. Co. 1974. p. 96.
In the next few years, tough, Filipino exporters hope to sell Denmark more finished garments, canned fruit and juices and processed wood products instead of timber and other raw materials ...
- "Speech by His Excellency Svend Wæver, Ambassador of Denmark to the Philippines and Malaysia on the celebration of the 69th birthday of Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II" (PDF). Danish embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- Government of Denmark. "Danish Embassy in the Philippines". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Denmark) (in Danish). Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Danida Sponsored Wind Project in Philippines Expands". ScandAsia. 22 June 2010. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "NorthWind to develop a wind farm in Aparri". Regulación Eólica con Vehículos Eléctricos. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Biggest Wind Farm to Rise with Danish Investors". ScandAsia. 6 January 2009. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- "Plan on Philippines: School instead of abuse". Plan (in Danish). Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2011.
- Helle Stenu (October 2008). Krog, Jens-Jørgen (ed.). "Au Pair in Denmark: Cheap labour or cultural exchange" (PDF). Danish Union of Public Employees: 63. ISBN 978-87-92313-13-3. Retrieved 20 June 2011.