Demirören Group is a Turkish conglomerate company. Its properties include Milangaz (a liquefied petroleum gas distributor with 9% of the Turkish market), the Demirören İstiklal shopping mall in Beyoğlu, as well as several newspapers, television and radio stations, and also a subscription based streaming service called D-Smart Go. Demirören also handles the licensing and distribution of Turkish WarnerMedia channels: Cartoon Network, Boomerang and CNN Türk. All shares of the Demirören Group are owned by the Demirören family, who have close ties to President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and are also active in the energy, mining, and construction sectors.
|Industry||Energy, Industry, Real Estate, Construction, Media, Education|
|Yıldırım Demirören, Tayfun Demirören, Meltem Demirören|
|Revenue||US$3 billion (2012)|
Demirören acquired the newspapers Milliyet and Vatan in May 2011. In 2018 the holding bought the newspaper Hürriyet, Posta and the TV channels Kanal D and CNN Türk, and all other media properties of Doğan Group, with the expection of Kanal D Romania and Slow Türk.
Milangaz which is a company owned by Demirören sponsored the Beşiktaş Men's Basketball team in 2011-12.
Following the death of Erdoğan Demirören, President Erdoğan visited the family to extend his condolences. The family is generally seen as being supportive of President Erdoğan and the AKP (Justice and Development Party).
- "Insight TV unveils Turkish expansion with pay TV platform D-Smart". TBI Vision. 2020-01-28. Retrieved 2021-08-20.
- "Demirören Group". Media Ownership Monitor. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- Dogan News Agency, 4 May 2011, Milliyet and Vatan papers sold to DK
- "Turkish Media Group Bought by Pro-Government Conglomerate". The New York Times. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- Coskun, Orhan (2018-03-21). "Pro-Erdogan group agrees to buy owner of Hurriyet newspaper, CNN Turk". Reuters. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- Pitel, Laura (21 March 2018). "Turkish press baron agrees to sell media arm to Erdogan ally". www.ft.com. Retrieved 27 January 2021.
- "Internet & Entertainment - Doğan Holding". www.doganholding.com.tr. Retrieved 2021-08-20.
- "Erdoğan visits Demirören family to extend condolences - Turkey News". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 2021-01-27.
- "Demirören Holding takes over Azerbaijan's lottery company - Latest News". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 2021-08-20.