Demandware is a software technology company headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts that provides a cloud-based unified e-commerce platform with mobile, AI personalization, order management capabilities, and related services for B2C and B2B retailers and brand manufacturers around the world.
|Industry||e-commerce, mobile commerce, software, SaaS, cloud computing|
|Founder||Stephan Schambach |
|Thomas Ebling |
(president, CEO & chairman)
Timothy Adams (CFO)
Jeffrey Barnett (COO)
Wayne Whitcomb (CTO)
Nick Camelio (CPO)
Philip Jefferson (Technology Operations)
Number of employees
Demandware was founded in February 2004 by Stephan Schambach to provide a hosted service that would enable companies to develop and manage easy-to-use, customizable e-commerce websites, rather than building a site from scratch. The service was launched in the first quarter of 2005. Schambach previously founded the early e-commerce company Intershop in 1992. Seed money for Demandware was provided by venture capital firms General Catalyst Partners and North Bridge Venture Partners.
On March 15, 2012, Demandware began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, raising $88 million in its initial public offering of $16 per share. Following its IPO, shares were up more than 50% from the IPO price by the next morning. In November 2013, Demandware announced an underwritten registered public offering.
Demandware is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts. The company also has offices in Salt Lake City, Utah; Deerfield Beach, Florida; the United Kingdom; France; Denmark; Germany; the Netherlands; Australia; Hong Kong; China; and Japan.
- Corporate Website, "Investor Relations FAQ" Archived 2013-12-21 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved 2015-06-02.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Salesforce buys Demandware for $2.8B, taking a big step into e-commerce". TechCrunch.
- "Demandware is Now the Salesforce Commerce Cloud". Salesforce.
- Mike Ricciuti, “Start-up targets e-commerce on demand,” CNET, October 6, 2004.
- Michael B. Farrell, “Patience pays off for investment firm,” Boston Globe, March 15, 2012.
- “Demandware Secures $12 Million in Series B Funding,” VCgate, February 15, 2006.
- Lynn Cowan, “New Vs. Old in IPO Action This Week,” The Wall Street Journal, March 12, 2012.
- Evelyn M. Rusli, “Yelp Prices Its Shares for Offering at $15,” The New York Times, March 2, 2012.
- Dan Gallagher, “Demandware shares jump more than 50% on IPO,” MarketWatch, March 15, 2012.
- “Demandware Announces Pricing of Public Offering Of Common Stock,” Business Wire, November 19, 2013.
- Chris Reidy, “Demandware establishes Munich office as its European HQ,” Boston.com, June 14, 2013.
- Sara Castellanos, “Demandware plans Japan expansion, future acquisitions following Q1 2014 growth,” Boston Business Journal, May 6, 2014.
- Demandware profile, Inc. Accessed September 7, 2014.