Delta Work is the stage name of Gabriel Villarreal, an American drag performer and stylist, best known for competing on the third season of the reality competition television series RuPaul's Drag Race.
Delta Work in 2017
1976/1977 (age 43–44)
|Awards||Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special (2018)|
Villarreal received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special at the 70th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards (2018) for his work as a personal hairstylist for Drag Race.
Work was selected among thirteen contestants for the third season of RuPaul's Drag Race, which was announced on January 24, 2011. During the season, she impersonated Cher for the "Snatch Game" episode, where contestants were required to imitate a chosen celebrity. Bowen Yang wrote "Delta barely made an attempt at all... Points for the wink at Bob Mackie with her look, but otherwise Delta just waded around in her nothing-doing. Snap out of it!" She placed seventh overall, losing a lip sync performance to Manila Luzon on Donna Summer's "MacArthur Park". Out called the battle "certainly one of the most famous lip syncs" of the show. Outside of season three, she was an audience member for the season five and season six reunions, and was a guest with other Drag Race alumni for the first challenge of season ten. Villarreal became RuPaul's personal wig stylist for her judging panel attire beginning with the second episode of the ninth season, with season two alumnus Raven styling her makeup. Work appeared as a guest for the first challenge in the premiere of season eleven.
Post Drag RaceEdit
Villarreal appeared on a 2011 episode of E!'s The Soup with RuPaul, Raja, and Shangela. She makes recurring appearances on WoWPresent's internet show Fashion Photo Ruview, filling in for Raja or Raven to critique looks from Drag Race alumni, with her first appearance on November 19, 2014. She also makes regular appearances on the web show The Pit Stop, which reviews the episodes of Drag Race. She was on its debut episode on August 27, 2016.
Work appeared on the cover of Skorch Magazine in 2013. In August 2015, she headlined Palouse Pride in Moscow, Idaho. On August 6, 2016, she was invited on stage by Adele in a Los Angeles concert, while in full drag as an Adele impersonator. They took a selfie, which quickly went viral.
Villarreal received the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Hairstyling for a Multi-Camera Series or Special at the 70th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards (2018) for his work. She portrayed Adele in the music video for Taylor Swift's "You Need to Calm Down" (June 2019).
Delta Work released her debut single, "The Walkin' Blues (Walk Right In, Walk Right Out)", on May 12, 2015. She also was part of the group The Heathers, with Manila Luzon, Raja, and Carmen Carrera. The group released their debut single "Lady Marmalade" on June 6, 2014.
|2011-19||RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself||Contestant (seventh place)|
|2011||RuPaul's Drag Race: Untucked|
|2014||"Lady Marmalade"||The Heathers|||
|2019||"Go Fish"||Manila Luzon|
|2019||"You Need to Calm Down"||Taylor Swift||Adele impersonator|
|2020||"Ass Like Mine"||Morgan McMichaels||Herself|||
|2013||Ring My Bell||Herself|||
|2013||Cooking With Needles|||
|2014-19||Fashion Photo Ruview|
|2016-19||The Pit Stop|
|2015||"The Walkin' Blues (Walk Right In, Walk Right Out)"|
- Knittel, Shaun (January 28, 2011). "Start your engines! RuPaul's Drag Race returns". Seattle Gay News. 39 (4).
- "Adele Brought Her Drag Queen Impersonator on Stage with Her". Harper's BAZAAR. 2016-08-08. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "Creative Arts Emmy Awards Winners: Anthony Bourdain, Craig Zadan's 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Fittingly Lead Way On Night 2; 'SNL' Tops With 7 Wins – Full List". Deadline. 10 September 2018.
- "9 "Drag Race" Drag Mothers And Daughters". LOGO News. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- Holland, Scott (March 10, 2011). "RuPaul's Drag Race Delta Work Interview". Hotspots Magazine. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
- "Alexis Mateo: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3 Contestant - RuPaul's Drag Race (Video Clip)". Logo TV. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- Yang, Bowen; Rogers, Matt. "Every Snatch Game Impersonation on RuPaul's Drag Race, Ranked". Vulture. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- "Today in TV History: Manila Luzon, Future 'Drag Race' Lip-Sync Icon, Was Born". Decider. 2016-08-10. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- Pitre, Jake (June 7, 2018). "12 Lip Sync Battles that Define 'RuPaul's Drag Race's' Queer Canon". Out. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- "RPDR Season 5 Reunion Red Carpet". Tom + Lorenzo. 2013-05-03. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- Winfred, Tim (2014-05-07). "Red Carpet Looks: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 Reunion". Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "Watch Katya, Bob the Drag Queen, more return for crazy 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 10 challenge". EW.com. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "Look, we've stayed silent long enough: We need to talk about RuPaul's makeup on 'Drag Race'". Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "'RuPaul's Drag Race' 11 episode 1 recap: Which queen was sent packing on 'Whatcha Unpackin'? [UPDATING LIVE BLOG]". Goldderby. 2019-02-28. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
- WOWPresents (2014-11-19), RuPaul's Drag Race Fashion Photo RuView w/ Raja & Delta Work - The Instagram Art of Mathu Andersen, retrieved 2018-04-15
- Logo (2016-08-27), The Pit Stop w/ Raja and Delta Work | RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Recap (Season 2 Ep1) | Logo, retrieved 2018-04-15
- Shorey, Eric (November 12, 2013). ""Drag Race" Heather Delta Work On Cover of Magazine For Plus-Sized Women: PHOTOS". NewNowNext. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Wald, Dominique (August 5, 2015). "Workin' it: Drag Queen Delta Work is the headliner of Palouse Pride". Inland 360. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- "Watch Adele Invite Her Drag Impersonator Delta Work On Stage". The FADER. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- Rawles, Timothy (August 8, 2016). "'Dreamgirl' Delta Work meets Adele on stage at sold out concert in Los Angeles". San Diego Gay and Lesbian News. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- "Every celebrity cameo in Taylor Swift's 'You Need To Calm Down' music video". PopBuzz. Retrieved 2019-06-17.
- The Walkin' Blues (Walk Right In, Walk Right Out) - Single by Delta Work, 2015-05-12, retrieved 2018-04-15
- Lady Marmalade by The Heathers, 2014-06-06, retrieved 2018-04-15
- Manila Luzon (2014-06-07), The Heathers "Lady Marmalade" (Carmen Carrera, Raja, Delta Work & Manila Luzon), retrieved 2019-06-18
- Fitzgerald, Christina (March 1, 2020). "The Week In Drag – RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12 Is Here! Plus Queerty Winners, Trixie Mattel And Scarlet Envy In The Hot Seat And Sasha Velour Shows Off Their Artistic Side". Socialitelife.com. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- WOWPresents (2013-05-09), Delta Work - Ring My Bell, retrieved 2020-01-01
- WOWPresents (2013-11-13), Cooking with Sharon Needles - Pad Thai, retrieved 2019-06-18
- WOWPresents (2015-02-12), Dear Delta: Don’t Be a Dick, retrieved 2019-09-14
- Hey Qween (2019-04-08), DELTA WORK on Hey Qween! with Jonny McGovern, retrieved 2019-06-18