The Delaware Thunder are a professional ice hockey team based in Harrington, Delaware. The team is a member of the Federal Prospects Hockey League and plays at the Centre Ice Rink. The Thunder are the first professional sports team to play in Harrington. Due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the team is dormant as of the 2020–21 season.
|League||Federal Prospects Hockey League|
|Home arena||Centre Ice Rink|
|Owner(s)||Delaware Pro Hockey LLC|
|General manager||Charlie Pens|
The Delaware Thunder were announced as a member of the Federal Prospects Hockey League on May 29, 2019. The Thunder are owned by Delaware Pro Hockey LLC, an investment group led by Charlie Pens, who also serves as the president and general manager of the team. Former Danville Dasher Ryan Marker was the first signing in team history. They play out of the Centre Ice Rink on the Delaware State Fairgrounds. To accommodate the team's arrival, the rink's seating capacity was expanded to approximately 700 for the 2019–20 season.
- "Professional hockey is coming to Delaware, meet the Delaware Thunder". Delaware Online. May 29, 2019. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- "BREAKING NEWS: FPHL ANNOUNCES TENTATIVE STARTING DATE!". Federal Prospects Hockey League. October 19, 2020.
- "Delaware Thunder Press Conference". delawarethunder.com. May 26, 2019. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- "Ryan Marker signs with the Thunder". delawarethunder.com. June 4, 2019. Retrieved June 5, 2019.
- "Professional hockey is coming to Delaware, meet the Delaware Thunder". DelawareOnline. May 29, 2019.