Delčevo (Macedonian: Делчево [ˈdɛɫtʃɛvɔ] (listen)) is a small town in the eastern mountainous part of North Macedonia. It is the municipal seat of the eponymous municipality. A festival in celebration of revolutionary leader Gotse Delchev is held every year on August 2.
Town centre of Delčevo
|• Mayor||Goran Trajkovski (SDSM)|
|Highest elevation||640 m (2,100 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||590 m (1,940 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code(s)||+389 033|
|Car plates||ŠT; KO; DE|
The town of Delčevo is situated at the foot of Mount Golak on the banks of the Bregalnica river. It is 164 km (102 mi) to the east of Skopje along the A3 road, south of Mount Osogovo and north of Mount Maleš. The town lies at 590 m (1,936 ft) to 640 meters (2,100 ft) above sea level.
In 2002, Delčevo had 11,500 residents.
Sport and cultureEdit
The football club Bregalnica Delčevo play their home games at the Gradski Stadion Goce Delčev, which has a capacity of 5000 people. | A festival in celebration of Macedonian revolutionary leader Gotse Delchev is held every year on August 2. The ruins of the (Byzantine) village of Vasilevo lie about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) southeast of the town, and the Monastery of Sv Bogoridica, noted for its bright frescoes, is situated about 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) to the southwest.
Twin towns — sister citiesEdit
- "REEIfication: The Newsletter of the Indiana University Russian and East European Institute, Volume 31". Indiana University Russian and East European Institute. 2007. p. 5.
- Božo Vidoesk. "Dialects of Macedonian". Slavica. p. 74.
- Google (31 January 2020). "Delčevo" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Jove Dimitrija Talevski (1998). "The Borders of the Republic of Macedonia". Kiro Dandaro. p. 196.
- "Census of Population, Households and Dwellings in the Republic of Macedonia" (PDF). Stat.gov.mk. 2002. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "FK Bregalnica Delcevo". uk.soccerway. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Thammy Evans (2012). "Macedonia". Bradt Travel Guides. p. 275.
- "Делчево ќе се збратими со реонот Младост – Општина Варна во соседна Бугарија". opserver.mk (in Macedonian). Оpserver. 31 December 2019. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delčevo.|