|Developer(s)||Ready At Dawn|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One|
|Release||April 21, 2017|
Deformers is a multiplayer brawler game played from a third-person perspective. Players take control of squishy ball-shaped creatures called a Forms that are capable of rolling, jumping, dashing, and absorbing items. In the deathmatch and team deathmatch modes, the goal is to roll around and knock opponents off the arena platform. Form-ball is a mode that plays like association football, a ball must be knocked into a net to score goals. The game supports online 2, 3, and 4-player splitscreen as well as online multiplayer with up to eight players.
Deformers is being developed by video game studio Ready at Dawn. The project began as a physics technology demonstration. A duo at the studio began working on prototype for Deformers in August 2014 while most employees were occupied with The Order: 1886.
Deformers was initially scheduled to launch for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on February 14, 2017, however it was delayed so that the development team could address issues from feedback they had received. An open beta of the Windows version ran from April 1–4 on digital distribution service Steam. Deformers was the second game published by GameStop's publishing program GameTrust. The game was released on April 21, 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (June 2, 2016). "The Order: 1886 dev Ready at Dawn's next game is a physics-based arena brawler". Eurogamer. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Paget, Mat (April 2, 2017). "Play God of War developer's bizarre PC arena combat game for free this weekend". PC Gamer. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Webster, Andrew (June 2, 2016). "Deformers is a squishy new game from the creators of The Order: 1886". The Verge. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (December 14, 2016). "Ready at Dawn's De-formers release date set for Valentine's Day". Eurogamer. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (February 4, 2017). "Ready at Dawn's Deformers has been delayed just ahead of launch". Eurogamer. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- "Now Available on Steam - Deformers Open Beta". Steam. April 1, 2017. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (April 12, 2017). "Ready at Dawn's quirky arena brawler Deformers is out next week". Eurogamer. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- "De-formers for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- "De-formers for Xbox One Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
- "Hollywood Music in Media Awards: Full Winners List". The Hollywood Reporter. November 17, 2017. Retrieved March 14, 2018.