Deck13(Redirected from Deck13 Interactive)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Deck 13 Interactive GmbH, doing business as Deck13, is a German video game developer and publisher based in Frankfurt. The company was founded in July 2001 by the team behind Artex Software, a studio that primarily developed video games for RISC OS, such as Ankh: The Tales of Mystery. Originally bearing the name TriggerLab, the company was renamed to Deck13 after the release of its first game, Stealth Combat, in 2002. Deck13 is best known for developing the action role-playing games Lords of the Fallen and The Surge. Deck13 also operates a Hamburg-based subsidiary studio, Deck13 Hamburg.
|TriggerLab GmbH (2001–2002)|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||11 July 2001|
Number of employees
Prior to Deck13's foundation, the company's founding members were active in game development under the label Artex Software, which focused on the development of games for RISC OS. On 11 July 2001, Triggerlab GmbH was incorporated, and its first game would go on to become 2002's Stealth Combat. After the game was released, the company was renamed Deck13, after the map DM-Deck16 from the 1999 video game Unreal Tournament.
In 2005, the humorous adventure game Ankh was released, which was a remake of the 1997 game Ankh: The Tales of Mystery by Artex Software. As the product sold very well and won several awards (especially in Germany), the sequel Ankh: Heart of Osiris was produced and released almost exactly one year later, reusing elements of the previous title. In August 2007, the adventure game Jack Keane was released which was similar to the Ankh series in terms of graphics and gameplay but which was set in England and colonial India. The third part of the Ankh series, The Battle of the Gods, was released in Germany on 19 November 2007. One of their latest games, the role-playing game called Venetica was released in September 2009 and was the first RPG to be published by the company. Afterwards, Deck13 Interactive was working on Blood Knights, a comic hack-and-slash for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, which was released in 2013.
In 2015, Deck13 released Lords of the Fallen in co-operation CI Games. While a sequel was announced by the publisher, Deck13 was not named as the developer. Instead, the studio was announced to be working with Focus Home Interactive on the then-upcoming The Surge.
|2002||Stealth Combat||Modern Games, Cryo Interactive||As TriggerLab|
|2004||Carnival Cruise Lines Tycoon 2005: Island Hopping||Activision Value||Under the Artex Software label|
|2005||Ankh||BHV Software, Viva Media|
|Luka und das geheimnisvolle Silberpferd||Polizeiliche Kriminalprävention der Länder und des Bundes|
|2006||Ankh: Heart of Osiris||Xider|
|2007||Jack Keane||10tacle Studios, Strategy First|
|Ankh: Battle of the Gods||Daedalic Entertainment, Xider|
|2008||Luka und der verborgene Schatz||Polizeiliche Kriminalprävention der Länder und des Bundes|
|2010||Black Sails: The Ghost Ship||Astragon|
|Jade Rousseau: The Secret Revelations – Episode 1: The Fall of Sant' Antonio||Phenomedia||First in a cancelled six-episode series|
|Reading the Dead||Astrasgon|
|2011||Haunted||DTP Entertainment, Viva Media|
|2012||Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within||Astrasgon|
|2013||Blood Knights||Kalypso Media|
|2014||Moorhuhn: Tiger and Chicken||Koch Media|
|Lords of the Fallen||CI Games||Co-developed together with CI Games|
|2017||The Surge||Focus Home Interactive|
|2019||The Surge 2||Focus Home Interactive|
|2014||TransOcean: The Shipping Company||Astragon|
|2016||TransOcean 2: Rivals|
- The Mystery of the Seven Symbols
- Jade Rousseau: Die Geheimen Evangelien – Episode 2: Die Bruderschaft
- Jade Rousseau: Die Geheimen Evangelien – Episode 3: Das geheime Dossier
- Jade Rousseau: Die Geheimen Evangelien – Episode 4: Der Weg in die Finsternis
- Jade Rousseau: Die Geheimen Evangelien – Episode 5: Die Geister der Vergangenheit
- Jade Rousseau: Die Geheimen Evangelien – Episode 6: Der Zorn Gottes
|2015||The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Dreadly Business||Rumpus Animation|
|Super Snow Fight||Patrick God|
|2017||Shift Happens||Klonk Games|
|The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 2: A Bleaker Predicklement||Rumpus Animation|
|TBA||CrossCode||Radical Fish Games|
|The Shape of Heart||Dragon Whisper Games|
|Hover Cubes: Arena||Gametology|
|Super Sky Arena||Hammer Labs|
|Flat Heroes||Parallel Circles|
|The Other 99||Burning Arrow|
- on YouTube
- Sauer, Tom (1 November 2013). "Blood Knights: Launch-Trailer mit Alysa zum heutigen Xbox 360-Release" [Blood Knights: Launch trailer with Alyse for today's Xbox 360 release]. PC Games (in German). Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Purchese, Robert (29 May 2015). "Lords of the Fallen 2 to launch in 2017". Eurogamer. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Latest Deck13 game officially announced as The Surge". Focus Home Interactive. 7 August 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Deck 13-Crew segelt künftig ohne Florian Stadlbauer" [Deck 13 crew to sail without Florian Stadlbauer going forward]. GamesWirtschaft (in German). 1 September 2016. Retrieved 23 September 2016.