Queen Debsirindra of Siam (Thai: เทพศิรินทรา; RTGS: Thepsirinthra), formerly Queen Ramphoei Phamaraphirom (Thai: รำเพยภมราภิรมย์), born Princess Ramphoei Siriwong (Thai: รำเพย ศิริวงศ์; 17 July 1834 – 9 September 1861), was the second consort of King Mongkut, and mother of King Chulalongkorn.
|Queen consort of Siam|
|Tenure||1 April 1851 – 9 September 1862|
|Born||17 July 1834|
|Died||9 September 1862 (aged 28)|
|Spouse||Mongkut (Rama IV)|
|Issue||Chulalongkorn (Rama V)|
|Father||Siriwong, Prince Mattayaphithak|
|Mother||Noi Siriwongse Na Ayudhaya|
Princess Ramphoei was born in 1834 to Siriwong, Prince Mattayaphithak (son of Rama III and Concubine Sap) and Lady Noi (Mom Noi). She was of Mon descent. When her father died at only 27 years, her grandfather—the king—took her and her sister Phannarai to the Grand Palace and they were said to be his favourite grandchildren. In 1853, Ramphoei married her great-uncle Mongkut (who was 30 years her senior) and was raised to a Phra Ong Chao (a higher rank of princess). In the same year she gave birth to Prince Chulalongkorn. She later became Queen Ramphoei.
She had 4 children with King Mongkut.
- Prince Chulalongkorn (จุฬาลงกรณ์), later King Chulalongkorn (1853–1910)
- Princess Chandrmondol / Chanthonmonthon (จันทรมณฑล), later the Princess Wisutkrasat (1855–1863)
- Prince Chaturonrasmi / Chaturon Ratsami (จาตุรนต์รัศมี), later the Prince Chakrabardibongse (1856–1900)
- Prince Bhanurangsi Savangwongse (ภาณุรังษีสว่างวงศ์), later the Prince Bhanubandhuwongse Voradej (1859–1928)
Queen Ramphoei died in 1861. Her sister (who was also Mongkut's wife), Princess Phannarai, acted as Mongkut's consort for the remainder of his reign. When Chulalongkorn was crowned in 1867, she was posthumously given the title Debsirindramataya, the Queen Mother. Her grandson, Vajiravudh (Rama VI), gave her the name Queen Debsirindra.
Titles and StylesEdit
- Her Serene Highness Princess Ramphoei Siriwong (1834-1851)
- Her Royal Highness Princess Ramphoei Phamaraphirom, the Princess Consort of King Mongkut (1851-1862)
- Her Majesty Queen Debsirindramataya, the Queen Mother (posthumous name by Rama V)
- Her Majesty Queen Debsirindra (posthumous name by Rama VI)
This dection needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ancestors of Debsirindra|