This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Deborah Lurie is an American composer, arranger, and music producer. Her work has appeared in films such as Dear John, An Unfinished Life, Safe Haven, and 9. She has also been a string arranger for rock and pop performers such as Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, and The All-American Rejects. In 2015, she received the ASCAP Shirley Walker Award to honor her achievements contributing to the diversity of film and television music. She was one of the composers interviewed in Score: A Film Music Documentary. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences extended membership to her in 2016 for her contributions to motion pictures.
|Also known as||Deborah Lurie|
|Genres||Film score, incidental music|
|Occupation(s)||composer, arranger, music producer|
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (song arranger)
- Annie (additional arranger)
- Mystic Manor (arranger, music by Danny Elfman)
- Much Ado About Nothing (arranger/producer, score by Joss Whedon)
- Fame (song arranger)
- Bad Santa (song arranger)
- Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (song arranger)
- Men in Black 3 (score by Danny Elfman)
- The X-Files: I Want to Believe (score by Mark Snow)
- The Curse of El Charro (score by Rich Ragsdale)
- X2 (score by John Ottman)
- Urban Legends: Final Cut (score by John Ottman)
- Crazy in Alabama (score by Mark Snow)
- Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (score by John Ottman)
- The X-Files (score by Mark Snow)
- Dexter's Laboratory (add. orch., score by Thomas Chase and Steve Rucker)
- The Day Lincoln Was Shot (score by Mark Snow)
- Barney's Great Adventure (add. orch., score by Van Dyke Parks)
- Daughtry, Daughtry
- Hoobastank, Every Man for Himself
- Hoobastank, DVD - Live at La Cigale
- Papa Roach, The Paramour Sessions
- Caleb Kane, Go Mad
- Three Days Grace, One-X
- Peter Bradley Adams, Gather Up
- Paul Freeman, You and I
- The All-American Rejects, When the World Comes Down
- Third Day, Revelation
- Theory of a Deadman, Scars & Souvenirs
- Adam Lambert, For Your Entertainment
- All American Rejects, Soundtrack 90210
- Allison Iraheta, Just Like You
- Kelly Clarkson, All I Ever Wanted
- Daughtry, Leave This Town
- Creed, Full Circle
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Lonely Road
- Katy Perry,Thinking of You live on Ellen and MTV Unplugged
- Halestorm, Halestorm
- 3 Doors Down, Time of My Life
- Theory of a Deadman, The Truth Is...
- Kelly Clarkson, Stronger
- Christina Perri, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Soundtrack
- "Deborah Lurie to Score Lasse Hallstrom's 'Safe Haven'". FilmMusicReporter.com. September 28, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2018.
- Zumberge, Marianne (March 10, 2015). "ASCAP Film and TV Music Awards Fete Elliot Goldenthal, Deborah Lurie". Variety. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- "Elliot Goldenthal to Receive ASCAP Founders Award on March 9 Composer Deborah Lurie to Receive Shirley Walker Award" (Press release). New York, New York: ASCAP. Bobbi Marcus PR & Events, Inc. February 10, 2015. Retrieved August 16, 2018.
- Manders, Hayden (April 26, 2017). "A Documentary On Film Scores Is Coming, And Boy Does It Look Good". Nylon. Retrieved August 16, 2018.
- Finger, Bobby (April 26, 2017). "Someone Made a Documentary About the Best Genre of Music: Film Scores". Jezebel. Retrieved August 16, 2018.
- "NEW MEMBERS 2016: ACADEMY INVITES 683 TO MEMBERSHIP". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. June 29, 2016. Retrieved August 18, 2018.