DeVier Stewart Posey (born March 15, 1990) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a member of the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was drafted by the Houston Texans in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ohio State. He was also a member of the New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Toronto Argonauts, Baltimore Ravens and BC Lions.
|No. 5 – Montreal Alouettes|
|Born:||March 15, 1990|
San Mateo, California
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Cincinnati (OH) La Salle|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 68|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Posey played college football at Ohio State. He started his college career with a 25-yard touchdown catch from quarterback Todd Boeckman against Youngstown State. On October 31, 2009, against New Mexico State, on a reverse, Posey threw a 39-yard touchdown pass to Dane Sanzenbacher.
On December 23, 2010, DeVier Posey and four other Ohio State players were suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season, but were allowed to play in Ohio State's bowl game, the Allstate Sugar Bowl, which they won 31–26 vs. Arkansas. DeVier Posey was said to have sold a jersey, pants, and shoes that he had previously worn in a game. The other suspended players were quarterback Terrelle Pryor, running back Dan Herron, offensive lineman Mike Adams.
On January 13, 2013, he injured his ankle during the New England Patriots 41–28 win over the Texans in the AFC Divisional Rounds. Further testing indicated that he had suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon.
New York JetsEdit
The Texans traded Posey and their 2015 third round (82nd overall), fifth round (152nd overall), and seventh round (229th overall) draft picks to the New York Jets in exchange for New York's 2015 third round (70th overall, used to pick Jaelen Strong) draft pick on May 1, 2015. He was waived on August 30, 2015.
On January 4, 2016, the Denver Broncos signed Posey. He was released by the Broncos on August 29, 2016.
On September 19, 2016, the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) signed Posey. Posey appeared in four games for the Argonauts in his first year in the CFL; recording 13 receptions for 161 yards. Posey also returned punts and kickoffs. After a strong start to the 2017 season (second in the league in receiving yards through three games with 280 yards) Posey was placed on the team's six-game injured list with an undisclosed injury. On Nov. 26, Posey scored a touchdown in the 105th Grey Cup on a 100-yard pass play, the longest pass in the championship game's history, and was named the Grey Cup Most Valuable Player. Posey, who was set to become a free agent on February 13, 2018, was released by the Argos on February 2, 2018 so he could pursue NFL opportunities.
Following his release by the Ravens Posey returned to the CFL, signing with the BC Lions on September 10, 2018. IN 8 games with the Lions, Posey caught 29 passes for 395 yards and 3 touchdowns. The three scores all came in the span of one quarter and resulted in a victory over Edmonton to clinch a playoff berth.
On the opening day of free agency Posey signed with the Montreal Alouettes. Posey played in three games for the Alouettes early in the season, catching nine passes for 100 yards with one touchdown. He was placed on the six-game injured reserve list with a calf injury on July 19, 2019. Posey was activated from the six-game injured reserve list on August 13, 2019.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- "Free Family Tree, Genealogy and Family History - MyHeritage". www.familytreelegends.com. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Missing ingredient: Hogs came up short of sweet finish vs. Buckeyes". wholehogsports.com. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "DeVier Posey 2009 Player Statistics - Ohio State Buckeyes". cfbstats.com. 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "Report: Texans' Posey tears Achilles tendon". go.com. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- Lange, Randy (May 1, 2015). "Jets Trade with Texans for 3 Picks Plus WR". New York Jets. Archived from the original on May 4, 2015. Retrieved May 3, 2015.
- Cimini, Rich (May 1, 2015). "Jets acquire WR DeVier Posey in trade with Texans". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Cimini, Rich (August 30, 2015). "New York Jets cut 12 players, including DeVier Posey". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- "DeVier Posey - Toronto Argonauts". argonauts.ca. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Argos place DeVier Posey on six-game injured list". CFL.ca. 2017-07-12. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "Argos' Posey to sign with NFL's Ravens - Article - TSN". TSN. 2018-02-02. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- Shook, Nick (February 6, 2018). "Grey Cup MVP DeVier Posey signs with Ravens". NFL.com.
- Mink, Ryan (August 31, 2018). "Ravens Release 10 Players, Send Four to Injured Reserve". BaltimoreRavens.com.
- "Lions sign Grey Cup MVP DeVier Posey - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. 2018-09-07. Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- "Als add speed to the lineup in DeVier Posey". CFL.ca. 2019-02-12. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Staff, 3Down. "Alouettes place receiver DeVier Posey on the six-game injured list | 3DownNation". Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- Staff, 3Down. "Alouettes activate receiver DeVier Posey from six-game injured list | 3DownNation". Retrieved 2019-08-14.