April 15, 1947
|Died||February 4, 2020citation needed] (aged 72)[|
Boca Raton, Florida
Lind's photographer friend, Leon, talked her into testing for Playboy. At 19, she was selected to be the Playboy Playmate for August 1967. The photography was done by Mario Casilli. Lind received more fan mail than any other Playboy Playmate in history.
Lind's color likeness traveled to space. The November 1969 Playboy calendar photo of Lind was on Apollo XII. The ground crew for the mission stashed the photo, which they labeled "MAP OF A HEAVENLY BODY" inside a locker aboard the command module Yankee Clipper. Astronaut Richard Gordon, the commander of the Yankee Clipper, put the photo up for auction in 2011 for a minimum bid of US$1000 (equivalent to $1,150 in 2020). The winning bid was for US$21,013.20 (equivalent to $24,175 in 2020).
Lind appeared in the December 1979 issue of Playmates Forever and, in the early 1980s, in the first "Playmate Playoffs" special issue. Her video appearances for Playboy included Race Horses and a frontal-nudity appearance on a sailing yacht. She was also the subject for "Playmates Revisited" in the March 1996 issue.
- Playboy: 50 Years of Playmates (2004) (V)
- Playboy: The Party Continues (2000) (TV)
- Video Centerfold: Sherry Arnett (1985) (V)
- Playboy After Dark (First Episode) (1968) (TV)
- "Playmate data". Retrieved February 1, 2010.
- Joan Acocella (March 20, 2006). "The Girls Next Door". The New Yorker. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- The Thought Experiment (2010-06-16). "The Girls of Summer: DeDe Lind, Miss August 1967". Retrieved on 2011-01-04 from http://thethoughtexperiment.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/the-girls-of-summer-dede-lind-miss-august-1967/.
- Auction May Hold Piece Of Final Frontier For Space Buffs, www.space-travel.com, 4 January 2011
- "Playmate News". Playboy. Playboy Inc. 56: 166–167. December 2009.
- RRAuction Marketing Department. "RR Auction: Bidtracker Item Detail". Preview.rrauction.com. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- "Playmate Photo From Apollo 12 Up For Auction - Slashdot". Science.slashdot.org. 2011-01-11. Retrieved 2016-10-29.
- RR Auction (2011). "Item 271 - Richard Gordon Catalog 366 (Jan 2011)". Retrieved on 2021-03-04 from https://rrauction.com/PastAuctionItem/3223557.
- Roger Ruthhrt (4 July 1999). "DeDe Lind". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 2015-02-11.