Daxing Airport Express
Daxing Airport Express[a] of the Beijing Subway (Chinese: 北京地铁大兴机场线; pinyin: Běijīng Dìtiě Dàxīng Jīchǎng Xiàn) is an airport rail link from Caoqiao (located at the Southern 3rd Ring Road) to the Beijing Daxing International Airport. It is colored blue on subway maps. The line opened on September 26, 2019.
|Daxing Airport Express|
A Daxing Airport Express train passing Beiwangchang Village, Panggezhuang Town
|Other name(s)||M35 (planned name)|
|Locale||Fengtai, Daxing districts (Beijing) & Guangyang district (Langfang, Hebei Province)|
|Type||Airport rail link|
|Operator(s)||Beijing Metro Operation Administration (BJMOA) Corp., Ltd.|
|Depot(s)||Cigezhuang, New Airport North|
|Rolling stock||8-car Type D|
|Opened||September 26, 2019|
|Line length||41.36 km (25.70 mi) (in operation)|
|Character||Underground and elevated|
|Track gauge||1435 mm|
|Electrification||Overhead lines, AC 25 kV 50 Hz|
|Operating speed||160 km/h (99 mph) (maximum speed)|
It is one of two lines connecting the urban area of Beijing to the Beijing Daxing International Airport. The other line is the Beijing–Xiong'an intercity railway, a high-speed rail operated by China Railway.
- Phase 1
- Phase 2 (Northern extension)
A 3.5 km northern extension to Lize Business District station is currently under construction. The extension is fully underground. The northern extension started construction in 2020 and will be completed in 2022.
Ordinary Class one-way fare is ¥10, ¥25 or ¥35 (see below) and Business Class one-way fare is ¥50.
The train sets of Daxing Airport Express are built by CRRC Qingdao Sifang.
8 Car Train
Daxing Airport →
|Numbering||JC 0xx1||JC 0xx2||JC 0xx3||JC 0xx4||JC 0xx5||JC 0xx6||JC 0xx7||JC 0xx8|
- Car 7 is a business class car.
- Car 3 has a wheelchair space.
- Car 8 is a baggage car.
4 Car Train
Daxing Airport →
|Numbering||JC 4xx1||JC 4xx2||JC 4xx3||JC 4xx4|
- Car 4 is a business class car.
- Car 3 has a wheelchair space.
|Section||Station Name||Connections||Nearby bus stops||Distance
|Phase 2 (Northern extension)||Lize Business District||丽泽商务区||Fengtai||Beijing|
|Phase 1||Caoqiao||草桥||381 410 423 434 456 483 497 529 676 679 夜22 专179||0.000||0.000|
|Long-term planning||Daxing Airport South||大兴机场南||Daxing||Beijing|
The Daxing Airport Express was originally planned to start from Mudanyuan, and be routed in parallel with Line 19 from Mudanyuan to Caoqiao. However, the plan would cost more than 40 billion yuan, which was considered too expensive for a dedicated line that would only serve passengers going to and from the airport. The parallel section with Line 19 was abandoned and the routed was shortened to the stretch from Caoqiao to Daxing Airport. The investment required for the line was reduced by 20 billion yuan.
In 2014, it was reported that the government was going to invest 19.7 billion yuan in the Daxing Airport Express and a plan with 4 stations: Caoqiao, Daxing Xincheng, and two stations at the Daxing Airport.
In early 2016, it was announced that the Daxing Airport Express was slated for completion by 2019. Phase I of the line includes only 3 stations: Caoqiao, Daxing Xincheng and Daxing Airport. The line will operate at a top speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) using Type D rolling stock, which is fully automated. Construction started at the end of 2016.
|Caoqiao — Daxing Airport||26 September 2019||41.36 km (25.70 mi)||3||Phase I|
A northern extension to Lize Business District station is under construction, with a length of 3.5 km. The extension will be fully underground, and will bring the line to a total of 44.86 km. The northern extension started construction in 2020 and will be completed in 2022.
A southern extension to Daxing Airport South is also planned in long term planning.
- 北京市城市规划设计研究院 郑猛. "浅析北京TOD的发展及几点思考".
- "公司介绍". 2019-11-27.
目前，负责运营北京市轨道交通燕房线、北京大兴国际机场线 (Currently operates Yanfang line and Daxing Airport Express of Beijing Subway)
- "地铁新机场线运营开始"倒计时"". 2019-07-02.
- 国家发展改革委关于调整北京市城市轨道交通第二期建设规划方案的批复. 中华人民共和国国家发展和改革委员会 [National Development and Reform Commission]. 2019-12-05. Retrieved 2020-02-01.
- 北京新机场线全面铺轨 车辆采用7节载客车+1节行李车 (in Chinese). 新京报. 2018-12-06.
- "地铁大兴机场线明起运营，6条机场大巴线路同步开通". 2019-09-25.
- "轨道交通大兴国际机场线一期工程线路总长41.36公里". 2019-09-26.
- "实力剧透 北京大兴国际机场线站名确定了". 2019-08-16.
- "JPG格式线路图下载". Retrieved 2020-01-29.
- "市重大项目办折子项目2020年第二季度进展情况". 2020-08-12.
- "新机场线将北延至丽泽商务区 预计2021年完工". 2018-11-20. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- 新机场线将北延至丽泽商务区. Beijing Daily. Archived from the original on 2018-12-07. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "北京地铁11号线西段、新机场线北延通车时间定了". 2019-12-06.
- "北京大兴机场线票价公示：共4种票价，普通单程票最高35元". 2019-08-15.
- "大兴机场线路网车站站间距信息". Retrieved 2020-04-29.
- (Chinese) " 北京新机场地铁4年后与新机场同期开通" 中国新闻网 2014-11-26
- "新机场线22分钟到草桥". 2015-10-30.
- "北京新机场年内启动建设 投197亿建轨道交通快线". 2013-01-22.
- (Chinese) "北京新机场轨道交通线将开工 总投资197亿元" 中国市政工程网 2014-03-25
- "Testing underway for Beijing's new airport metro line". chinaplus.cri.cn. 2019-06-15. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "China's fastest subway starts construction in Beijing". www.chinadaily.com.cn. 2016-12-27. Retrieved 2019-07-06.
- "北京市交通委:地铁新机场线明日起空载试运行". 2019-06-14.
- "北京大兴国际机场投运之际看雄安航空服务体系——20分钟京雄城际 30分钟机场快线 45分钟高速通达". 2019-09-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daxing Airport Express, Beijing Subway.|