This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dawid Igor Kownacki (['david kɔvˈnat͡ski] (listen); born 14 March 1997) is a Polish professional footballer who plays as a striker for Bundesliga club Fortuna Düsseldorf, on loan from Sampdoria, and the Polish national team.
Kownacki in 2014
|Full name||Dawid Igor Kownacki|
|Date of birth||14 March 1997|
|Place of birth||Gorzów Wielkopolski, Poland|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
(on loan from Sampdoria)
|GKP Gorzów Wielkopolski|
|2019–||→ Fortuna Düsseldorf (loan)||10||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 June 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 June 2019
Having started out at local side GKP Gorzów Wielkopolski, Kownacki joined Lech Poznań in 2005, coming through the youth ranks and making it to the first team in December 2013. He scored his first Ekstraklasa goal in February 2014 in a 5–1 loss at Pogoń Szczecin, becoming one of only five players aged under 17 to have registered in Poland's top flight. He won his first league title the following season – "At 16, people were calling me 'the new Lewandowski', and that was tough to handle, but I changed my attitude, grew up and am now much better at not taking to heart what people say. Of course, I still have big dreams".
Kownacki got his first call up to the senior Poland squad for matches against Georgia and Greece in June 2015. Kownacki represented Poland at Under-16, Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 level, winning 33 caps and scoring 25 goals.
- As of match played 21 June 2019.
1 Including Polish SuperCup.
- As of 24 June 2018
- As of match played on 12 June 2018. Scores and results list Poland's goal tally first.
|1.||12 June 2018||Stadion Narodowy, Warsaw, Poland||Lithuania||3–0||4–0||Friendly|
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Kownacki è un calciatore della Sampdoria, arriva dal Lech Poznań" (in Italian). U.C. Sampdoria. 11 July 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Coppa: Kownacki seals Samp rout". Football Italia. 28 November 2017. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "UFFICIALE: Samp, Kownacki al Fortuna Dusseldorf. C'è il controriscatto" (in Italian). Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Poland June Call-Ups for Georgia and Greece Released". psnfutbol.com. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- "Dawid Kownacki". Soccerway. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Kownacki, Dawid". national-football-teams.com. National Football Teams. Retrieved 13 June 2018.