Davit Gochaevich Chakvetadze (Russian: Давит Гочаевич Чакветадзе, Georgian: დავით ჩაკვეტაძე; born 18 October 1992) is a Georgian-born Russian Greco-Roman wrestler. He moved to Russia in 2013 by the recommendation of Russian national Greco-Roman coach Gogi Koguashvili. Chakvetadze won gold at the 2016 Summer Olympics in the 85 kg category.
|Full name||Davit Gochaevich Chakvetadze|
|Born||18 October 1992|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb)|
|Coached by||Eduard Zadikhanov|
At the 2015 Russian National Greco-Roman Wrestling Championships, in a match against Olympic Champion Aleksey Mishin, Davit won the gold medal. He is silver medalist at the 2015 FILA Wrestling World Cup - Men's Greco-Roman and gold medalist at the 2015 European Games in the 85 kg category. Davit won the European Nations' Cup (Moscow Lights) in 2015. Chakvetadze won 9-0 over World Champion Zhan Beleniuk at the Grand Prix Baku. He competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics, where in the final he again beat Ukrainian Zhan Beleniuk.
- "Davit Chakvetadze bio's". wrestrus.ru. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "Georgian wrestler arrived in Russia". wrestrus.ru. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Russian National Greco-Roman Wrestling Championships 2015". wrestrus.ru. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Chakvetadze motherland's". baku2015.com. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "Russian Wrestling Team at the Olympics". wrestrus.ru. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
|This biographical article relating to a Russian sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|