Davina Bennett (born 5 March 1996) is a Jamaican model and beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss Jamaica Universe 2017. She represented Jamaica at the Miss Universe 2017 pageant, and was contracted as the face of Shea Moisture in 2018, representing the company's Black Castor Oil product line.
5 March 1996
|Education||University of the West Indies|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Title||Miss Jamaica Universe 2017|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss Jamaica Universe 2017|
Miss Universe 2017
Bennett was born in Mitchell town, Clarendon. She is pursuing a degree in marketing at the University of the West Indies. Upon acquiring her Bachelor's Degree, she would like to utilize her degree to leverage her marketing business as well as successfully brand herself as an entrepreneur.
Miss Jamaica Universe 2017Edit
Miss Universe 2017Edit
During the first question and answer round, Bennett was asked by host Steve Harvey, "Sexual harassment has been at the forefront of recent headlines. Why is it important for men and women to work together in tackling this issue?" Bennett answered:
"Sexual harassment is a form of abuse and no abuse should be tolerated whether in the workplace or in society. I believe that men and women should come together and be professional, leave this act alone, and anything that happens, such as sexual harassment, should be taken into the law and should be dealt with. Thank you."
In the final round Bennett was asked question - "What quality in yourself are you most proud of and how will make you apply that to your time as Miss Universe?" Bennett answered:
It is my drive and determination. I am part of a foundation that helps deaf people. This platform will be a great platform to help people.
- "Davina Bennett crowned Miss Universe Jamaica 2017". 26 August 2017.
- Hudson, Tanay (25 Mar 2018). "Miss Jamaica Davina Bennett is now the face of Shea Moisture". MadameNoire. Retrieved 6 Apr 2018.
- "Davina Bennett is Miss Universe Jamaica 2017". 26 August 2017.
- "Davina Bennett has just been crowned Miss Universe Jamaica 2017". Missosology - Facebook. 26 August 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Heres the final question that decided the winner of Miss Universe 2017". Retrieved 2017-11-27.