David Zwirner Gallery is an American contemporary art gallery owned by David Zwirner. It has four gallery spaces in New York City and one each in London, Hong Kong, and Paris.
|Coordinates||40°44′44.89″N 74°0′25.26″W / 40.7458028°N 74.0070167°W|
The Zwirner Gallery opened in 1993 on the ground floor of 43 Greene Street in SoHo in New York City, with a one-man show of the Austrian sculptor Franz West.
In 2002 it moved to 525 West 19th Street in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York. In 2012 it opened a 930 m2 (10,000 sq ft) London branch in Grafton Street, in Mayfair, and built a large new space, designed by Annabelle Selldorf, at 537 West 20th Street, Chelsea, New York.
In September 2017 it opened an Upper East Side space in a 1907 townhouse off Madison Avenue, re-designed by Selldorf. A 930 m2 (10,000 sq ft) space at the H Queen's building in Hong Kong was also designed by Selldorf.
In 2019 the gallery opened an 800 m2 (8,600 sq ft) outpost in the Marais district of Paris, its first in continental Europe.
According to The New York Times in 2018, the gallery reports annual revenue of 500 million dollars. Given the overall size of its operations, it is often compared to Gagosian Gallery and Hauser & Wirth.
- ^ a b Qin, Amy (June 9, 2016). "David Zwirner Gallery to Open Outpost in Hong Kong in 2017". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- ^ Fuse, Arte (January 15, 2018). "David Zwirner: 25 Years (Opening Night Photos)". Arte Fuse. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- ^ Arthur Lubow (January 7, 2018), The Business of Being David Zwirner The Wall Street Journal.
- ^ Nick Paumgarten (June 2, 2016), William Eggleston Joins Zwirner Gallery The New York Times.
- ^ "David Zwirner". NYMag.com. Retrieved June 24, 2018.
- ^ Vogel, Carol (March 8, 2012). "A Collection of Many Hands to Be Sold in Sotheby's Auction". The New York Times. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- ^ Brook Mason (September 25, 2017), Annabelle Selldorf Turns Her Talented Hands to David Zwirner's New Upper East Side Art Gallery Architectural Digest.
- ^ Melanie Gerlis (March 23, 2018), H Queen's: the gallery space Hong Kong was waiting for Financial Times.
- ^ Anny Shaw (July 13, 2017), David Zwirner's Hong Kong gallery to launch with new works by Michaël Borremans The Art Newspaper.
- ^ Anny Shaw (July 11, 2019), 'Brexit changes the game': David Zwirner to open Paris gallery The Art Newspaper.
- ^ Ted Loos (October 16, 2019), David Zwirner Expands His Reach to Paris The New York Times.
- ^ Anny Shaw (January 9, 2018), David Zwirner to expand again with another New York gallery opening in 2020 The Art Newspaper.
- ^ Randy Kennedy (March 21, 2013), The Art of the Dealer T: The New York Times Style Magazine.