David Wild (born December 16, 1961) is an American writer and critic in the music and television industries and a contributing editor at Rolling Stone magazine. His published books include Friends: The Official Companion (1995), Seinfeld: The Totally Unauthorized Tribute (1998), Friends 'til the end (2004), and others.
|Alma mater||Cornell University|
Wild hosted the television series Musicians, which aired on Bravo! in 2001. His writing credits for television include over two dozen series and specials. In 2001, he was nominated for an Emmy for his work on America: A Tribute to Heroes. Wild has written for the Grammy Awards since 2001, and became a producer for the show in 2016.
Wild is a frequent guest on the popular The Adam Carolla Show and usually brings a musical guest or a musical selection to feature on the show.
- David Wild. (1996). Friends: the Book. New York: Boxtree. ISBN 0-75220-18-4-0.
- David Wild. (1998). Seinfeld: The Totally Unauthorized Tribute (Not That There's Anything Wrong with That). New York: Three Rivers Press. ISBN 0-60980-31-1-5.
- David Wild. (2000). The Showrunners: A Season Inside the Billion-Dollar, Death-Defying, Madcap World of Television's Real Stars. New York: Harper Perennial. ISBN 0-06093-20-2-3.
- David Wild. (2004). Friends 'Til the End: The Official Celebration of All Ten Years. New York: Time Inc. ISBN 1-93227-31-9-0.
- David Wild. (2007). And the Grammy Goes To...: The Official Story of Music's Most Coveted Award. New York: State Street Press. ISBN 0-68149-73-9-4.
- David Wild. (2009). He Is . . . I Say: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Neil Diamond. New York: Da Capo Press. ISBN 0-30681-83-5-3.
- Brad Paisley and David Wild. (2012). Diary of a Player: How My Musical Heroes Made a Guitar Man Out of Me. Brentwood, Tennessee: Howard Books. ISBN 1-45167-43-5-X.
- David Wild on IMDb , retrieved 2007-08-09
- "David Wild". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2007-08-09.
- "David Wild". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "Working for the Weekend: A Sunday Playlist for Congress". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 18 January 2015.