|Full name||David Simón Rodríguez Santana|
|Date of birth||16 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Las Palmas, Spain|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2010–2014||Las Palmas B||109||(11)|
|2011–2012||→ Vecindario (loan)||33||(2)|
|2018–2020||Deportivo La Coruña||38||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 October 2020|
On 23 August 2014, David Simón played his first match as a professional by starting in a 2–0 home win against UE Llagostera for the Segunda División. He scored his first goal in the competition on 21 March of the following year, but in a 2–4 away loss to CD Numancia.
David Simón was an undisputed starter during the campaign, appearing in 41 games and scoring twice as his team returned to La Liga after a 13-year absence. He made his debut in the competition on 22 August 2015, playing the full 90 minutes in a 0–1 away loss to Atlético Madrid.
On 24 July 2018, after suffering relegation, David Simón terminated his contract with Las Palmas, and signed a two-year deal with fellow second division side Deportivo de La Coruña the following day. He made only ten league appearances in 2019–20 due to a pubis injury, scoring once in an eventual relegation.
- Derek, Simón e Israel buscan reivindicarse con el Vecindario (Derek, Simón and Israel seek to vindicate with Vecindario); La Provincia, 30 July 2011 (in Spanish)
- David Simón y Borja, hasta 2015 (David Simón and Borja, until 2015); Canarias 7, 12 June 2012 (in Spanish)
- Roque, Jesús y David Simón se quedan en el primer equipo (Roque, Jesús and David Simón remain in the first team); Vavel, 12 August 2014 (in Spanish)
- Aráujo brilla con un golazo en el estreno de Las Palmas (Araujo shines with a great goal in Las Palmas' debut); Marca, 23 August 2014 (in Spanish)
- Julio Álvarez alarga el mal momento de Las Palmas (Julio Álvarez extends Las Palmas' poor run); Marca, 21 March 2015 (in Spanish)
- Dorta, Nehemías (27 June 2015). "David Simón 2014/15: eléctrica revelación" [David Simón 2014/15: electric revelation] (in Spanish). Vavel. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Al Atlético le falta (Atlético lack something); Marca, 22 August 2015 (in Spanish)
- "David Simón se desvincula de la UD Las Palmas" [David Simón cuts ties with UD Las Palmas] (in Spanish). UD Las Palmas. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- Yordi, Juan (25 July 2018). "David Simón elige al Deportivo" [David Simón chooses Deportivo] (in Spanish). Marca. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- Fuentes, Pablo (1 February 2020). "La luz al final del túnel para David Simón" [Light at the end of the tunnel for David Simón] (in Spanish). La Provincia. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- De la Cruz, Luis (12 July 2020). "Pinchi mete al Deportivo en un gran lío" [Pinchi puts Deportivo in major trouble] (in Spanish). Diario AS. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- Falcón, Susana (1 September 2020). "David Simón, dispuesto a quedarse en el Dépor" [David Simón, willing to remain at Dépor] (in Spanish). El Desmarque. Retrieved 15 October 2020.
- "David Simón, velocidad y veteranía para reforzar el lateral derecho" [David Simón, speed and experience to bolster the right back] (in Spanish). FC Cartagena. 2 September 2020. Retrieved 2 September 2020.