David Randall Pye
Pye was appointed CB in the 1937 Coronation Honours. He was appointed provost of University College, London in 1942, and made a Knight Bachelor in 1952. In the 1955 film The Dam Busters, Pye was played by Stanley van Beers. David Pye was the father of William Pye, a noted sculptor.
| Provost of University College London
B. Ifor Evans
- Saunders, O. A. (1961). "David Randall Pye. 1886-1960". Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society. 7: 198–205. doi:10.1098/rsbm.1961.0015.
- "The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography". 2004. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/35636. Cite journal requires
- Lockspeiser, B. E. N. (1960). "Sir David Pye, C.B., F.R.S". Nature. 186 (4723): 433. doi:10.1038/186433a0.
- "Dr. D. R. Pye, C.B., F.R.S". Nature. 150 (3812): 600–600. 1942. doi:10.1038/150600a0.
- British sculpture in the 21st century – William Pye Archived 2 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- William Pye – water sculpture.