David Pasqualucci (born 27 June 1996) is an Italian competitive archer. He won a silver medal in the men's team recurve at the 2015 World Championships, and also competed as a member of Italy's archery squad at the 2016 Summer Olympics. He currently trains under the tutelage of his coaches Fabio Pivari and Wietse van Alten, a Sydney 2000 Olympian from the Netherlands, for the Italian team, while shooting at the Tempio di Diana Archery Range (Italian: Arcieri del Tempio di Diana) in Rome.
|Full name||David Pasqualucci|
|Born||27 June 1996|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lb)|
|Club||Arcieri del Tempio di Diana|
|Coached by||Wietse van Alten (national)|
|Updated on 24 October 2017.|
Pasqualucci rose to prominence in the international archery scene at the 2015 World Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark. There, he and his compatriots Michele Frangilli and Mauro Nespoli, both of whom came as reigning Olympic champions from London 2012, capture a silver medal in the men's team recurve to secure a full quota spot for Rio 2016, despite losing the title 0–6 to the South Koreans.
At the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Pasqualucci was selected to compete for the Italian archery squad, shooting in both individual and team tournaments. First, Pasqualucci managed to score 685 points out of a maximum 720 to lead the Italian trio for the third seed heading to the knockout stage, along with his team's score of 2,007 collected from the classification round. Looking forward to defend the men's team recurve title for Italy, Pasqualacci and his compatriots Nespoli and Marco Galiazzo received a bye for the quarterfinals as a third-seeded team, but suffered an untimely defeat to China in a 0–6 upset. Rebounding from his Italian team's quarterfinal exit, Pasqualacci quickly dispatched Malawi's Areneo David in straight sets to book the round two spot in the men's individual recurve, before he bowed out to the Spaniard Antonio Fernández at 2–6.
- "David Pasqualucci". Italian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "David Pasqualucci". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 26 August 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Korea beats Olympic Champs to men's team gold". World Archery. 2 August 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Svelati i sei arcieri azzurri che punteranno al bersaglio olimpico" [Six Italian archers, who will aim their Olympic target, unveiled] (in Italian). Italian Olympic Committee. 6 July 2016. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Archery: Kim throws down gauntlet with world record". Reuters. 6 August 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Olimpiadi di Rio 2016: la freccia di Pasqualucci è la più spregiudicata: gli arcieri azzurri partono bene" [2016 Rio Olympics: Pasqualacci leads the Italian archers with the most outrageous target] (in Italian). Corriere dello Sport. 6 August 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "7 takeaways: Rio 2016 men's team finals". World Archery. 6 August 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Archery: Men's Team Quarterfinals". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 26 August 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Archery: Men's Individual Round of 32". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 26 August 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Tiro con l'arco: Pasqualucci eliminato ai sedicesimi di finale" [Archery: Pasqualucci eliminated in the second round of the knockouts] (in Italian). Gazzetta di Parma. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2017.